***OFFICIAL SELECTION SUNDAY THREAD***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Palm bumped us up two the 2 line in St. Louis.

Lunardi still has us as 3 playing in San Antonio.

And he has Iowa as a 10 playing in St. Louis :no::realmad:

Laughable. Their reward for crapping the bed the last three weeks of the regular season is a free pass out of the 8/9 line and a venue that's an easy drive for their fans? If they even get in they ought to be sent to the crappiest situation possible. Since Iowa City isn't a host, I guess Dayton would suffice.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Here is my prediction: (3) Iowa State vs. (14) Georgia State in Buffalo, NY.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm starting to believe this 2 seed talk. Do we root for a Michigan loss?

No - you root for a Michigan WIN. They're no worse than a 2-seed no matter what now, being projected as a 1 now. Them winning helps our numbers. If Michigan was going to lose it had to happen yesterday or sooner like Wisconsin. Now Michigan needs to win.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I disagree with this logic. I think Michigan is currently a 2 seed. If they lose, it COULD bump them down to a 3. I think if your Iowa State, you need to be pulling for Michigan State to win.

No - you root for a Michigan WIN. They're no worse than a 2-seed no matter what now, being projected as a 1 now. Them winning helps our numbers. If Michigan was going to lose it had to happen yesterday or sooner like Wisconsin. Now Michigan needs to win.

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009

The Michigan game won't be done early enough to affect our "numbers". It probably won't be done in time to knock them to a 2 if they lose even.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Agree with the thinking of there being a lot of upsets. I just hope we don't get paired with a team like Harvard in the first round. I think that team is well coached, and is primed for upsetting a high seed.

Delaware is good for a 14.
This bubble is not as weak as people here have made it out to be. I think there will be a lot of upsets.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
This may be my Homerism speaking, but I hear so much about the Big 12 being the toughest league in the country and we will have 7 teams in the dance, yet no #1 seed. Not even in the conversation. Michigan, a team we beat, seems like they will get one. I know the top 3 seem solid, but not even Kansas as a one?

Not saying we should be a 1, but where is all the Big 12 love when it matters?? (Oh, and we need to be a 1 seed! ;-) )

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
From what I can tell, it seems that the only way to get St. Louis is for ISU to jump KU. Unfortunately, I just don't see that happening. Even if KU gets downgraded to the 3 seed I still think the committee rewards them with the STL location.

The other opportunity is getting Michigan bumped to Buffalo. There aren't a lot of top teams in that region this year so they may put Michigan there to relieve some congestion in the MW. Even with a 3 seed we could get that Milwaukee spot in that situation.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron