Official Meltdown thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
No energy, no floor leadership. Not a team at all. Most of the time, it is just 5 talented players on the floor trying to make themselves look good.

I think KU was a fluke. There is no way this team comes close to KSU on Saturday. If they do......then where the hell was that team tonight?

It's frustrating because ISU has so much more talent than a team like Tech does. But ISU does not play as a team. They got out-rebounded again tonight! Shows how weak the non-conference really was, since ISU was supposedly one of the leading rebounding teams in the country then.

They simply do not play as a team. KL has slipped back to what he was the first few games. 2 assists tonight. 2 ASSISTS from a 5th year senior PG who has played in the Final Four! Will just looks like he doesn't care a lot of the time.

Losses like these are what keep teams out of the NCAA. It will take some miracle wins from this point on, and no more bad losses at all to get in. I just don't see it happening with this group. The desire, energy and drive is just not there, and I don't think the coaching staff knows how to get it, because if they did they would have done it after the TCU game. They would have had this team ready tonight......which obviously they were not. They were not in the correct frame of mind from the very start.

I honestly think they may be better off next year without some of the seniors around. They may not be as "good" of a record, if you can call this a good record.....but I think they will be more of a team. Unfortunately, they will be lacking in enough talent and experience to do much of anything, imo.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Something is going on in the locker room I think or we just suck that bad.

When you take the lazy way in building a team, this will happen sometimes.

I don't think the players have as much invested to avoid losses like this. This was an effort, pride and discipline thing.

We are the first team in the TOP 200 that Texas Tech beat this entire year.

We're just not a good team, overall. We have talent, though, so it's either coaching or coaching.

We narrowly escaped another horrible loss in OT.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
So when we win Saturday are we a conference title again?

I think 90 percent of you need checked for bipolarness Jesus ******
The problem is this loss has deeper impacts that a win at home vs K state can't make up for. That is definitely a big one that could hopefully jump start another run though.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Win Saturday and tonight means nothing.

Not entirely true. For tourney we still needed to protect our home court regardless of this game, this makes that all the more important, plus we need to get another win on the road most likely.

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
We have no go to guy, I have been saying that since the 30 point win against Alabama A&M. I was not impressed even then. We drive and kick for 3 all day, how about drive to the hoop and make a damn bucket. We do not have nearly as good shooters as we had last year, so stop hoisting so many threes. Noone on this team can put their head down and take it to the rim to get us a bucket when we need it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's amazing how bad our resume is as you look back at it. Losses to every quality opponent we have played. A loss to a likely NIT team in Iowa. Barely beat the likes of Yale, WVU and TCU and look real bad in a couple other non-conference cupcake games.

Our best performance of the year was a loss. Otherwise, what is our best win-- BYU?

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Honestly I don't see this team winning more than one or two more games. Seems to me that we are an easy team to play. Just defend the 3 and slow the game down. ISU can't beat Boone if they stick to those two simple rules.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Honestly I don't see this team winning more than one or two more games. Seems to me that we are an easy team to play. Just defend the 3 and slow the game down. ISU can't beat Boone if they stick to those two simple rules.

Let pump the brakes here a bit. The Big 12 is not good this year. We have at least 7-8 more wins in us, at a minimum.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
The last 10 minutes against WVA, how we played @TCU, and how we played tonight, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we had less than 12,000 fans.

Maybe that's the thing to do... Have 10 fans at the game like tech and get a brainless win. What a ******* **** performance.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Let pump the brakes here a bit. The Big 12 is not good this year. We have at least 7-8 more wins in us, at a minimum.

Not if we keep playing like the crap that was on display tonight. (and at TCU...and against WV)

Guys better get their s*** straight.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Yeah, when Yale is dropping the hammer on you for a good portion of the game, you've got problems.

This is all coaching.

The talent is there. Fred can't get them to play as a team, which isn't shocking considering his experience and their past.

Fortune 500 companies didn't build their business by hiring all their competitors rejects.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Does this team seam to have a low Basketball IQ? They just do flatout stupid things sometimes.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
C'mon coach! Pull the QB! Time to make the change! We are, Iowa State!

hoiball

Jan 13, 2013
No energy, no floor leadership. Not a team at all. Most of the time, it is just 5 talented players on the floor trying to make themselves look good.

I think KU was a fluke. There is no way this team comes close to KSU on Saturday. If they do......then where the hell was that team tonight?

It's frustrating because ISU has so much more talent than a team like Tech does. But ISU does not play as a team. They got out-rebounded again tonight! Shows how weak the non-conference really was, since ISU was supposedly one of the leading rebounding teams in the country then.

They simply do not play as a team. KL has slipped back to what he was the first few games. 2 assists tonight. 2 ASSISTS from a 5th year senior PG who has played in the Final Four! Will just looks like he doesn't care a lot of the time.

Losses like these are what keep teams out of the NCAA. It will take some miracle wins from this point on, and no more bad losses at all to get in. I just don't see it happening with this group. The desire, energy and drive is just not there, and I don't think the coaching staff knows how to get it, because if they did they would have done it after the TCU game. They would have had this team ready tonight......which obviously they were not. They were not in the correct frame of mind from the very start.

I honestly think they may be better off next year without some of the seniors around. They may not be as "good" of a record, if you can call this a good record.....but I think they will be more of a team. Unfortunately, they will be lacking in enough talent and experience to do much of anything, imo.
Hold on now! I agree this was a horrible game but I don't think the Kansas game was a fluke at all. How is it a fluke if their best player has to go play his best game of his career and then bank in a three to bring it to overtime. Don't forget that it was at Kansas. But honestly we lost this game because a collection of things were horrible (enthusiasm, refs and shooting). But we all have to remember that we can't do anything about this game now and that it's best for the team and the fans to keep our heads up and to not hide in the corner and keep crying like babies because we lost to Texas Tech. If we do keep dwelling about this game all you doubters will be right because we'll get destroyed be KSU.