***Official ISU vs. TT Gameday Thread***

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Bunch of loyal sons forever true in here

Sometimes the most "loyal" thing a fan can do is not show up so the AD gets the message that changes need to be made. Actually, I'd call that more loyal than someone showing up to witness a slaughter just so they can thump their chest about how "loyal" they are.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I honestly don't even know what time this game kicks off, and I don't care. I turned down free tickets for WVU too. I have better things to do with my time. Apathy has totally set in for me. Thank goodness for Hoiball. Monday can't come soon enough.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Something about JP tweeting that he's in Indiana watching cross country while our football team plays an important game totally pisses me off....and I like JP but damn that guy is obsessed with cross country.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Something about JP tweeting that he's in Indiana watching cross country while our football team plays an important game totally pisses me off....and I like JP but damn that guy is obsessed with cross country.

Isn't this the National Championship for cross country? That's pretty important for the sport, and we represent very well.

This really isn't an important football game. It's just the difference between 2 and 3 wins.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Sometimes the most "loyal" thing a fan can do is not show up so the AD gets the message that changes need to be made. Actually, I'd call that more loyal than someone showing up to witness a slaughter just so they can thump their chest about how "loyal" they are.
Ya that whole LoyalForeverTrue thing just screams we know we are losing, but continue to donate

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Other than the people who understand the importance of having a successful program that people will come and watch so we can have nice things like facility upgrades and funding for other programs?

Nobody, I guess.

Big difference between not liking the current team or staff and not caring about the state of the program.

At some point, really crappy ISU football threatens Cyclone basketball if we get bounced from a P5 conference.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Isn't this the National Championship for cross country? That's pretty important for the sport, and we represent very well.

This really isn't an important football game. It's just the difference between 2 and 3 wins.

This. Women are ranked #5, would be a pretty big upset for them to win it all but cannot imagine they do worse than their #5 ranking. I'll watch the football game later but will be streaming the cross country at 11:00. Imagine JP is there with his son since he is a big ISU signee for next years men's team.

He is the Athletic Director, not the CEO of football.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
What does a cross country stream entail? Like do they set up in one spot or how do the cameras work?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Just in case anybody wants to watch, my Directv doesn't even show the game on Fox Sports Midwest. The guide has it on the alternate 671-1. I think I also saw it on Fox Sports North and probably some other channels.

cyspy

Jul 24, 2011
Just in case anybody wants to watch, my Directv doesn't even show the game on Fox Sports Midwest. The guide has it on the alternate 671-1. I think I also saw it on Fox Sports North and probably some other channels.
Fox Sports Midwest is running a St.Louis Blues hockey game today. I saw ISU football
scheduled for Fox Southwest,West,South and North for 2:30 and I'm sure that the game is on some alternate Fox channels as well.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
here is the fox sports midwest listing for Iowa today:

11 a.m. College Football: UTSA at Western Kentucky LIVE
+2 p.m. +St. Louis Blues Hockey: St. Louis Blues at Ottawa Senators LIVE
2:30 p.m. College Football: Texas Tech at Iowa St. LIVE
+6 p.m. +Indiana Pacers Basketball: Phoenix Suns at Indiana Pacers LIVE

The "+" means the Blues hockey game is moved to "Fox Sports Midwest Plus" whatever that is.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

We're garbage. Tech is garbage. I can't really blame JP for avoiding this dumpster fire at this point.