***Official Friday Beer Thread***

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
What're you drinkin today?

For me, it'll be Toppling Goliath Naughty 90 at the brewery shortly after work on my way up to Minnesota.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I love Toppling Goliath. Wish we got it here in Des Moines. Still kicking myself for not accepting a job in Waukon quick enough last fall.

Probably no beer tonight, but plenty of Surly and Grain Belt tomorrow.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I still need to visit TG. Have heard nothing but good things about their beer. I wish they distributed to Des Moines.

As far as the Southern Tier question you asked in the other thread. I'm not sure if they have a flagship beer or not. I've only ever tried those two specialty brews and then their normal IPA. The IPA was pretty good, though.

Here is their website: southern tier brewing company

Reactions: Cybyassociation

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I still have 8 or so bottles of Bell's Hopslam left. It's phenomenal. Will probably have a couple of those tonight.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Im hoping the bar here in Story City still has Schlitz, might have to grab one after work. That sounds really good today... might be the weirdest craving Ive had.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
No beer tonight. And tomorrow night will be 'clean out the fridge night.' I have 1 bottle of Killians, and a couple from Beer Crazy. Maybe a "Blue Fin" something or other? And some more I can't remember.

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
My buddy just bout a kegerator, unfortunately he doesn't have enough room for it right now so we gotta store it in a relatives basement (pool table down there). Since we're not gonna be there very often, but still wanna put it to use we are thinkin bout gettin a pony keg. Anybody know how much pony's of bud light go for?

blizzisu

Nov 4, 2009
Polk City, IA
I'm having some 90 Schilling Ale brought up from Kansas City for me today. Until that arrives I'll be drinking Blue Moon Spring Blonde and Winter Abbey with a Stella possibly mixed in.

Reactions: ajk4st8

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Anybody ever try blending baileys,ice, and whiskey? It's kind of cold for SoCal right now (only high of 60 today), and I'm thinking a little baileys and whiskey might hit the spot. Will probably have to wait until tomorrow, though.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
I love Toppling Goliath. Wish we got it here in Des Moines. Still kicking myself for not accepting a job in Waukon quick enough last fall. Probably no beer tonight, but plenty of Surly and Grain Belt tomorrow.

I will also vote for toppling. I haven't checked El bait shop yet but I know they are distributing in Iowa city so hopefully in des Moines soon.

I'm in KC at the water park today with the kids so keep the high life's and Blvd wheat coming during the breaks.

on a side note has anyone been to the T-Rex restaurant at the Legends shopping area?