***Official 2023 Weather Thread***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I live in the Cedar Rapids area and just got a notice they are letting out school 3 hours early tomorrow. Can’t remember the last time they announced an early out a full day ahead of non-winter weather.

That weird wind day a few December’s ago.

Reactions: cowgirl836

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Was thinking the latest NAMNEST would have reversed back to what it was forecasting this morning, but instead started storms even further west and as a result has central Iowa getting it pretty good between 3-5pm.

Be interesting to see if this forecast holds or if they switch it back to mostly eastern Iowa tomorrow morning.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Depends how loose you like having your butthole.

udhHlOg.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
REO Speedwagon right here.

Always "Oreo Speedwagon" to me. Got a letter** from a gal over summer back in college days that mentioned how she was going to see Oreo Speedwagon. :rolleyes:

** Letter: An archaic form of communication used by boys and girls over the summer separation months because long distance calls on parental units house phones were crazy expensive. And you'd have no privacy to talk anyway with parents and siblings hanging around!

Reactions: BCClone

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
It was their way of protecting against the storms. Smart.

I’m not saying it wasn’t the right call. I understand the safety aspect, but it seems like the last couple years every time schools start cancelling, then the forecast magically improves and the cancelling was essentially pointless.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I just looked at the last few runs of the HRRR. Wow. Looks nasty. Discrete storms forming by early/mid-afternoon in central IA and headed east. Other storms moving into SE IA maybe even a few hours earlier. Could be a couple rounds of storms for some.

Keep your head on a swivel today.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron