Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA

giphy.gif

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Does this storm still show a good chance for severe weather in central Iowa, meaning hail and wind? Or is that dissipating?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Does this storm still show a good chance for severe weather in central Iowa, meaning hail and wind? Or is that dissipating?

Right in it. I was just thinking about how any time there is a Moderate risk area that it can make people that are outside of the Moderate risk area think, “phew, that’s looking better for my area that is only in the enhanced risk area then!”.

Reactions: wxman1

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

Probably all depends on where the line of storms starts setting up. Right now it looks like we’ll see the formation of these storms right over Des Moines and they’ll intensify as they chart eastward towards Cedar Rapids/Iowa City.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
East of I35 will be fun. Damaging wind at tornado potential look robust from individual cells that fire initially along warm front just north of the MN/IA border front and trailing down cold front. Should tend to form a squall line with time but think spin-up tornadoes along it will be a thing. Hail probably isn't accounted for as high as I think it could be with a 'cool' early season setup.

Up my way... Thinking I'll be seeing 45° to 70° over about a 20 mile difference. Bonkers. Then we'll close with a few inches of snow.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
East of I35 will be fun. Damaging wind at tornado potential look robust from individual cells that fire initially along warm front just north of the MN/IA border front and trailing down cold front. Should tend to form a squall line with time but think spin-up tornadoes along it will be a thing. Hail probably isn't accounted for as high as I think it could be with a 'cool' early season setup.

Up my way... Thinking I'll be seeing 45° to 70° over about a 20 mile difference. Bonkers. Then we'll close with a few inches of snow.
Warmer to the West I hope?