***Official 2023 Weather Thread***

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I would have to drive through our old neighborhood to check but last I knew someone had a big pine that landed right in the crook of another tree and it had been left there.
My neighbor had a huge linden tree that did the same. Had it not, instead of taking out my deck, it would have taken out my kitchen. It took a fair amount of analysis, how to cut it down without creating additional damage.

Most the remaining tree damage I have is where the top half of trees fell into the top half of other trees and created a mesh of dead branches 20+ feet up.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Anyone know how far west of DSM/Ames the orange level 3 threat extends? Just wondering if we are on the west edge or solidly in the bullseye. Thanks

This is pretty early for the NWS to be issuing such a warning. Typically Day 3 forecasts like this will see a general swath of green which would be upgraded to yellow/orange by the day of the storm.

If we're already under an Enhanced warning my guess is that this could be upgraded to Red(Moderate)/Purple(Severe) by Friday.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron