***Official 2023 Transfer Thread***

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
To everyone wanting another big. Miami already has several offensive rebounds against a bigger UCONN team. Give me all the big guards and wings we can get

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
To everyone wanting another big. Miami already has several offensive rebounds against a bigger UCONN team. Give me all the big guards and wings we can get
What’s more important than size is having players who crave rebounds. Melvin Ejim and Dustin Hogue were both 6’6” and averaged over 8 rpg. Lipsey was our leading rebounder this season with just 4.0 rpg.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
What’s more important than size is having players who crave rebounds. Melvin Ejim and Dustin Hogue were both 6’6” and averaged over 8 rpg. Lipsey was our leading rebounder this season with just 4.0 rpg.
Nvm, King and Kunc both had 4.1 rpg. Never trust ESPN for stats.

Either way, this years team was not a good rebounding team.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Miami made their run when UConn tried to play small ball and didn't have their bigs on the floor. UConns bigs have dominated the game so far.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Miami made their run when UConn tried to play small ball and didn't have their bigs on the floor. UConns bigs have dominated the game so far.
UCONN has 2 elite level bigs and Miami is still able to offensive rebound against them. We aren't getting UCONN level bigs out of the portal. So my point is you can still be effective without being 7 feet tall

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
I think Sallis is athletic enough to get his shot in the paint without taking a tough shot. Even if a team drops off. As much as I like Holmes and Kalscheur, they had a tough time getting an easy shot in traffic.

In the Pitt game we were bad from 3 shooting 2-21. But we also shot 12-39 from 2. The Pitt game wasn't unique, in the games ISU struggled on offense, our guards struggled making 2's.

Your argument is probably it's tough to make 2's when a team packs the paint. I'd argue a tall guard with a solid handle can get his shots, even in traffic.

Lastly, I expect Lipsey to be a better offensive player next year. Ideally, Lipsey will hit mid-30's plus from 3. But he can pull defenders to him if he can hit a 12-15 foot jumper or develop a go to shot (Monte Morris like floater) in the paint.

UCONN has 2 elite level bigs and Miami is still able to offensive rebound against them. We aren't getting UCONN level bigs out of the portal. So my point is you can still be effective without being 7 feet tall
But don't kid yourself someone with size, quickness and a want to rebound will beat a point guard on the boards most nights. Still take a Hogue or Ejim clone anytime.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
The are getting dominated by UConn bigs, it's really really hard to score when your shots never make it to the rim

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I don't disagree with your point, but the skilled 7'er doesnt just affect the game by rebounding. UCONN's bigs have had impact on both ends. I'm hoping JT Rock becomes this type of player.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The reason I want another big is to play Biliew at the 3 getting Momcilovic more time at the 4. Milan is likely our best offensive threat currently on the roster.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
It seems like you’re insinuating FAU built their team off stud transfers. FAU’s roster is mostly guys who have been there since straight out of HS, plus a couple transfers who barely played elsewhere.

I'm insinuating nothing unless you take it as money isn't the end all be all like we are being sold.

Then you would be correct. Because all this belly aching and blubbering of "ISU can't afford him..or him..or him..or him" is being laughed at by FAU's of the world and a bunch of guys no one knew just one month ago.

If they can do it with what they spend.......why can't ISU? We were told TJ is a recruiting guru, right? Has he been neutered by NIL? Because if your answer is yes.......once again I give you FAU.