***Official 2023 Transfer Thread***

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Secured a nice bag. Shows how much the NIL world changes thing when a 5th year point guard transfers to pick between two schools with established lead guards.
just curious, who are the established lead guards you refer to at Tech and Kstate? Pop Isaacs at Tech, but who at KState with Nowell gone? just wondering

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
quietest midyear transfer market i can recall

i guess with immediate eligibility now the norm, no real point for kids to leave in December anymore

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
quietest midyear transfer market i can recall

i guess with immediate eligibility now the norm, no real point for kids to leave in December anymore
You would think good players on bad teams would try to transfer at semester to a good team to make the Tournament.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
You would think good players on bad teams would try to transfer at semester to a good team to make the Tournament.
Thing is good teams don't have open roster spots and immediate playing time to take players.
I seriously doubt that Otz would take a player and be comfortable getting them into the rotation the next 3 months. We've seen how long it takes a mid year transfer to work in even after sitting out and practicing with the team for 12 months.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Thing is good teams don't have open roster spots and immediate playing time to take players.
I seriously doubt that Otz would take a player and be comfortable getting them into the rotation the next 3 months. We've seen how long it takes a mid year transfer to work in even after sitting out and practicing with the team for 12 months.

It also kind of sends a bad precedent to future recruits that a coach will go out mid semester and recruit over you. So if you are the 7th man in the rotation u will basically get very limited playing time

Reactions: LLCoolCY

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I didn't think a player could transfer at end of fall semester and be eligible immediately spring semester. Did that change with recent portal leniency?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I didn't think a player could transfer at end of fall semester and be eligible immediately spring semester. Did that change with recent portal leniency?

I think the recent court ruling changed that for right now. I think there is a small window right now where u can transfer and be eligible second semester

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I think the recent court ruling changed that for right now. I think there is a small window right now where u can transfer and be eligible second semester
Not sure that applies to in-season transfers. I believe the court ruling applied to kids where this was their 2nd transfer and were initially deemed ineligible to play at the start of hoops season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron