***Official 2023 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I love when that say former 5* then follow it up with 2.5 ppg .4 assists.
Like shouldn’t that be a strike against them?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Those are stats like most freshman. Most dont make big difference as freshman on good teams
He was a sophomore.This is a 60 game sample, over half of which came against mid major competition. I got to see a lot of this kid in high school, he's a freak athlete but just never really put it all together skill wise.He's probably worth taking a shot on if you have room but not going to be a guy you bring in to start.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
He was a sophomore.This is a 60 game sample, over half of which came against mid major competition. I got to see a lot of this kid in high school, he's a freak athlete but just never really put it all together skill wise.He's probably worth taking a shot on if you have room but not going to be a guy you bring in to start.
Never know. New scenery, new system, new coaching, new opportunities. Sometimes kids need a reset and it gets them kickstarted.

Reactions: JVAR

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Never know. New scenery, new system, new coaching, new opportunities. Sometimes kids need a reset and it gets them kickstarted.

If we’re sticking with our current system he would be a great asset. He was a big reason why Gonzaga came back and beat UCLA. Their guards were killing them and few switched it up at half and played him the whole second half and shut them down. I don’t think we are in a position to be turning down former McDonald’s all Americans.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I believe we have 3 scholarships available this spring. Sallis would probably be worth adding. Especially if the staff feels strongly about Williams.

His ppg isn't great, but he shot 60% from 2 and 25% from 3. So he didn't get many shots in 15mpg. Plus he's a tall guard at 6'5".

I'd guess Fred & K-State will be all over him.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Sallis is all about potential, kind of like Enaruna. If he hits his potential, then he's a homerun for whoever gets him.