***Official 2021 Vikings***

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Cousins is trash, the sooner the vikings realize it the better. I would take cam newton over fumbling choking Kirk.

I can see how Kirk blew that game today.

The Vikings have 4 losses on the last play of the game this year. The offense had the team in a position to win. 4 times the defense blew said lead.

I'm not saying Kirk is Aaron Rodgers....but he's FAR from the biggest issue on that team. He's played absolutely fantastic this season.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I can see how Kirk blew that game today.

The Vikings have 4 losses on the last play of the game this year. The offense had the team in a position to win. 4 times the defense blew said lead.

I'm not saying Kirk is Aaron Rodgers....but he's FAR from the biggest issue on that team. He's played absolutely fantastic this season.
Coaching is significantly a bigger issue than QB play

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Not even upset.
If this helps Ziggy to decide at the end of the year that he's had enough of Zimmer, and results in better draft picks, great.
Keep tanking, working on trades for Barr and Smith, load up on picks, and figure out who is the young guy you want for HC.
Something has to be done because this team has hit rock bottom. Letting a winless team drive 75 yards to score a TD on the last play of the game is unacceptable. Why did 2 defenders back up and give the receiver the front of the endzone?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm not a Cousins fan, but the offense went and scored to take the lead on their last possession. The defense couldn't get a stop because they NEVER get a stop. Not once this year.

The defense is a much bigger issue than the offense this year.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'm not a Cousins fan, but the offense went and scored to take the lead on their last possession. The defense couldn't get a stop because they NEVER get a stop. Not once this year.

Not just scored but scored a TD which forced Detroit to have to score a TD

Reactions: MeowingCows

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

That's been the case all year. The only offensive choke job really has been when Cook fumbled against Cincy. This D is a failure. You can't spend money and draft picks on defense like the Vikings have and be this bad.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
But WTF Cousins.

Let’s also remember the Vikes are 8th in the league in cap spending on defense.
And #1 in the league with defensive starters out. Yesterday's game was a preseason defense game. Still... the defense is definitely the problem.

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
I actually wonder if the Vikings were playing on Sunday this week instead of Thursday night if Zim would have been let go today. That was a regime ending type loss yesterday, with everything that was on the line for the Vikings. That was a must win game - no matter how ugly it is. Saw a stat this morning that the Vikings are 30th in the league in total D. Last time they were that bad was when they were 31st in 2013, in Frazier's last year. Not great for a coach who has a league wide reputation as some kind of defensive genius.

I expect the organization to make some big changes in the offseason. The Wilf's are pretty good owners and are willing to do/spend what it takes to win (see Cousins signing), and the current regime/GM seem to be fighting just to tread water.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Thank goodness a few sane folks here. I don't love Kirk but I don't have a better answer either but looking at the 0-8 when the D could have stood up and they sat their overpaid asses down each and every time... Well, I say dump them all, and the defensive guru, and the GM who made it all happen.
To do this with that Detroilet team was offensive. The O must have the most points per loss in the league.