***Official 2021 Vikings***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Smith's back would concern me some but if that holds up he is a damn good player.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Pick which 2-4 games you want him to play. Has been injured a decent amount while in GB.
That's sort of a misrepresentation. He didn't miss a game his first two years with Green Bay. Last year he had a back injury and was out for most of the season. So yeah, he suffered an injury last year and missed a lot of time, but it's not like his stint with Green Bay was plagued with missed time for injuries.

• Agree

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That's sort of a misrepresentation. He didn't miss a game his first two years with Green Bay. Last year he had a back injury and was out for most of the season. So yeah, he suffered an injury last year and missed a lot of time, but it's not like his stint with Green Bay was plagued with missed time for injuries.
Swear he was getting hurt all the time 2 years ago. Would Only play bits here and there during games. If he did t get a sack early they seemed to show him injured on the sideline. Not an every down guy for sure.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Smith's back would concern me some but if that holds up he is a damn good player.

He said in his press conference that it was a bulging disc and the surgery took care of it...and he was able to make it back for the playoff game. Said it feels great.

Fingers crossed...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
He said in his press conference that it was a bulging disc and the surgery took care of it...and he was able to make it back for the playoff game. Said it feels great.

Fingers crossed...
Yep, backs are tricky but if he can play the guy is a beast no doubt.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This could be enough to push this defense back to a solid unit, or it could be an extremely expensive, injury-riddled disaster. Would rather swing for the fences I guess for a couple years I guess. The NFC is as weak as it has been. Basically if you are a team with lots of question marks you are actually in pretty good shape in the NFC.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
This could be enough to push this defense back to a solid unit, or it could be an extremely expensive, injury-riddled disaster. Would rather swing for the fences I guess for a couple years I guess. The NFC is as weak as it has been. Basically if you are a team with lots of question marks you are actually in pretty good shape in the NFC.

Still surprised they feel comfortable trotting out basically the same offensive line as last year. I guess we hope the remodeled defense holds teams under 20 points next season.

• Agree

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Still surprised they feel comfortable trotting out basically the same offensive line as last year. I guess we hope the remodeled defense holds teams under 20 points next season.
I guess we will see who is there when they pick in the first round. At least with the OL there were some signs of life last year, and some reasonable expectation due to age that it will improve.

That defense was looking bad, old, injured and expensive last year. It's going to take Z. Smith and Hunter being healthy and playing at the level they were playing before they got hurt for the defense to be good. If either guy misses major time or is not playing at a high level the defense is not going to be very good.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
We weren’t just imagining things:

I'm sure that factors in to the new staff's decision to run it back instead of going with the fire sale approach. That kind of futility certainly has something to do with personnel, but it's not like they had less talent than every other defense in the last 20 years. Scheme and coaching factor in for sure, as well as a fair amount of probability/chance. They should hopefully compete for a playoff spot this year.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'm sure that factors in to the new staff's decision to run it back instead of going with the fire sale approach. That kind of futility certainly has something to do with personnel, but it's not like they had less talent than every other defense in the last 20 years. Scheme and coaching factor in for sure, as well as a fair amount of probability/chance. They should hopefully compete for a playoff spot this year.
Agreed. Seemed more a a scheme problem than personnel problem to me. Then there’s this, lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron