***Official 2020-2021 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Sorry, didn't know where to post this or if already posted: Has there been a 'reach out' or 'narrowing list' mention on here for Bolton or JCL. Just curious is all.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Are you sure? On verbal commits I count 12 guys including Agbaji and Wilson, plus Lightfoot who doesn’t count towards the scholarship limit

They have 11 filled. 12 if Cam Martin counts towards the limit.

That's assuming Garrett is gone.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
They have 11 filled. 12 if Cam Martin counts towards the limit.

That's assuming Garrett is gone.
I don’t think Garrett would count even if he comes back and I think Martin does. I believe the rule is a guy using his extra year of eligibility for the same school he was at last year doesn’t count towards the limit but if he transfers then it does. Is that 11 you're referring to counting the guys that declared?

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I don’t think Garrett would count even if he comes back and I think Martin does. I believe the rule is a guy using his extra year of eligibility for the same school he was at last year doesn’t count towards the limit but if he transfers then it does. Is that 11 you're referring to counting the guys that declared?

I was unaware of that rule. Curious where you heard that.

I go off draft projections to determine if they are coming back or not. Or if they have graduated or not. Neither Agbaji or Wilson both aren't projected high, and neither have graduated. So I have both of them coming back.

this is the count I have for Kansas. I'll add Martin to the list if that in fact is the rule.

1.Wilson
2. Agbaji
3. McCormack
4. Braun
5. Harris
6. Yesufu
7. Clemence
8. Adams
9. Pettiford
10. Cuffe
11. Curry

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
New target perhaps? 3 years left to play

I go off draft projections to determine if they are coming back or not. Or if they have graduated or not. Neither Agbaji or Wilson both aren't projected high, and neither have graduated. So I have both of them coming back.

this is the count I have for Kansas. I'll add Martin to the list if that in fact is the rule.

1.Wilson
2. Agbaji
3. McCormack
4. Braun
5. Harris
6. Yesufu
7. Clemence
8. Adams
9. Pettiford
10. Cuffe
11. Curry
He is correct JCL and Solo wouldn’t not have gone against our scholarship count if they had decided to stay, for next yr only

Reactions: baagoe

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

1.Wilson
2. Agbaji
3. McCormack
4. Braun
5. Harris
6. Yesufu
7. Clemence
8. Adams
9. Pettiford
10. Cuffe
11. Curry

• Informative
Reactions: nallen34

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Hit me with the disagrees. I really wanted Madsen and still do. Pending some news on our big transfers we are still after we have dramatically improved our athleticism but we still have a lot of question marks shooting. We lost our only shooter who shot over 31% from 3 last year. So having Madsen (who I think would beat out Johnson/Jackson/Walker) to go along with Grill and Kunc off the bench as floor spacers is appealing to me in case Hinson and Kalscheur do not bring their percentages back up. He also rebounds really well so could easily slot in to 3 and 4 guard lineups for bits of time.

Not sure why, but he sort of grew on me the more I looked into his stats. He's a little bit like Kalscheur in that regard where he significantly outperformed his recruiting ranking and Bearcat fans are eagerly hoping to get him back while they do not care that his brother left. Now that this is out on the interwebs I'm sure Madsen will shoot terribly next year and this will prove my internet scouting knowledge is terrible.

I liked Madsen as well, but that ship probably sailed when we signed Kalscheur and Grill.

Seems to me TJ wants to get bigger at the 3 & 4 positions so that reduces the amount of minutes we play Steve Prohm small ball (4 shorties). There is too much similarity in Kalscheur, Grill and Madsen's games to take all 3.

We also added a good 3 point shooter in Kunc and if Hinson/Foster come back we have a couple more potential 3 point guys.