***Official 2020-2021 Transfer Thread***

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Hit me with the disagrees. I really wanted Madsen and still do. Pending some news on our big transfers we are still after we have dramatically improved our athleticism but we still have a lot of question marks shooting. We lost our only shooter who shot over 31% from 3 last year. So having Madsen (who I think would beat out Johnson/Jackson/Walker) to go along with Grill and Kunc off the bench as floor spacers is appealing to me in case Hinson and Kalscheur do not bring their percentages back up. He also rebounds really well so could easily slot in to 3 and 4 guard lineups for bits of time.

Not sure why, but he sort of grew on me the more I looked into his stats. He's a little bit like Kalscheur in that regard where he significantly outperformed his recruiting ranking and Bearcat fans are eagerly hoping to get him back while they do not care that his brother left. Now that this is out on the interwebs I'm sure Madsen will shoot terribly next year and this will prove my internet scouting knowledge is terrible.

I get what you are saying but keeping Walker is really good and getting him more playin time is really important. He is going to be a good four year guy. I think we can keep improving our recruiting and get better players long term than Madsen

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I think a good number of the transfer portal folks will need to return to their original school (assuming their scholarship in still open). There simply aren't enough scholarships open for 1400+ transfers plus high school recruits. And some will be surprised when they do try to return.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think a good number of the transfer portal folks will need to return to their original school (assuming their scholarship in still open). There simply aren't enough scholarships open for 1400+ transfers plus high school recruits. And some will be surprised when they do try to return.

Nationwide musical chairs.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron