***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
JCL while certainly can improve his shot selection and would like to see him go from 33% from 3...to more like 36%+..

Have feeling his offensive flaws more to do with system he was in and coaching..

but it’s hard to deny he’s a 6’4 SG who is capable of having big games vs top competition..

iowa- 17 pts
Texas tech- 18pts
Seton Hall - 14 pts
Butler- 20 pts
Xavier- 17 pts
Nova- 17 pts

Etc..

We could do a lot worse..

I agree on all accounts and think the big games he had against top competition is his biggest selling point. I see him as a sg/wing though and not someone to handle the rock and set guys up which I think is more of a need at this point (don’t get me wrong outside shooting is needed too). He almost strikes me as providing the same type of player we’ll get out of Bolton this coming year which isn’t a bad thing but it’s not the biggest need.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Michigan's backcourt right now is.

Franz Wagner-6'9 So SF/SG-11.6 ppg
Eli Brooks-6'1 Sr CG-10.6 ppg
Adrien Nunez-6'6 Jr G-2.0 ppg

Mike Smith-5'11 RS/Sr PG(grad transfer from Columbia)-22.8 ppg
Zeb Jackson-6'2 Fr SG-Ranked 79th by 247
Jace Howard-6'8 Fr SF-Ranked 367th by 247.

Compared to ours

Rasir Bolton-6'3 Jr G-14.7 ppg
Tre Jackson-6'1 So G-4.3 ppg

Javan Johnson-6'6 RS/Jr SF(sit out transfer from Troy)-10.4 ppg
Dudley Blackwell-6'6 Fr SF-Ranked 158th by 247
Darlinstone Dubar-6'6 Fr SG-Ranked 165th by 247
Jaden Walker-6'5 Fr PG-Ranked 307th by 247.

Not even sure Coleman-Lands starts at Michigan if he goes there. Pretty sure they would start Smith, Brooks, Wagner. He'd start here for sure in front of Jackson or Johnson imo.

I don't see anyway he starts at Michigan. Their off guards are Eli Brooks and Franz Wagner. Eli Brooks started all 30 games last year on a top 25 team. Franz Wagner will be one of the best sophomores in the Big Ten. It seems more likely than not Livers will be back as well.

With NC State not being a factor and the uncertainty with California schools right now, objectively you have to like our chances.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
I'm curious if we will start seeing a lot more transfers out of the Pac 12 with the uncertainty of the upcoming season, also would this look like a good thing to a sit out transfer could go to a cal school and just have his sit out be with a possible non season?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
JCL and Harris would put us in a nice spot over the next few years at the point. I'm starting to wonder if the bar isn't set so high on a GT wing due to the talent of our incoming freshmen that we may end up rolling with the guys we have.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
JCL and Harris would put us in a nice spot over the next few years at the point. I'm starting to wonder if the bar isn't set so high on a GT wing due to the talent of our incoming freshmen that we may end up rolling with the guys we have.
Is JCL a grad transfer or just a transfer? I know he transferred from Illinois after playing two years there and his profile says he played two years at DePaul, however his first year there only played 9 games.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
For people hyped about JCL are we hoping he becomes more efficient at scoring or something while going up a level? Or is he just the best option we have left and thats why we are high on him?

Reactions: Halincandenza

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
For people hyped about JCL are we hoping he becomes more efficient at scoring or something while going up a level? Or is he just the best option we have left and thats why we are high on him?
mostly the latter. not that he’s bad or anything but considering what’s left out there we should be very happy if we can get him and he’d help salvage a garbage offseason

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The Big 12 is no doubt a good basketball conference, but the Big East has been stellar as well. I wouldn't call the move to the Big 12 necessarily a step up in competition.

I'm excited for him because he's a long athletic player who can shoot the 3 okay, and played very well against high level teams.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

He’s played high major basketball his entire career.

Isaiah Moss is a pretty good comp imo.

Reactions: Kritscd

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

I don't see JC-L really "going up a level" considering he's played 4 years in the P6 conferences and was starter worthy all four years (28ish minutes/10ish pts).
I think most would be ecstatic with him committing if he were to joining another GT true PG to play the wing (not be force to facilitate). He'd be a good piece to add to next years team and help post season potential regardless. Plus a PG option could become available late (or Walker/Jackson could be ready).

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
JCL while certainly can improve his shot selection and would like to see him go from 33% from 3...to more like 36%+..

Have feeling his offensive flaws more to do with system he was in and coaching..

but it’s hard to deny he’s a 6’4 SG who is capable of having big games vs top competition..

iowa- 17 pts
Texas tech- 18pts
Seton Hall - 14 pts
Butler- 20 pts
Xavier- 17 pts
Nova- 17 pts

Etc..

We could do a lot worse..
Not long ago I remember looking at Nixon’s point totals in a handful of games and thinking we could do worse. Well, we likely could have, but you get the point. I could probably put a decent list together for Nixon last year too. But he wasn’t what was needed.

Does he defend? Rebound? Can he handle? If he’s just a Lucca type, you’d expect his shooting to be better.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't see JC-L really "going up a level" considering he's played 4 years in the P6 conferences and was starter worthy all four years (28ish minutes/10ish pts).
I think most would be ecstatic with him committing if he were to joining another GT true PG to play the wing (not be force to facilitate). He'd be a good piece to add to next years team and help post season potential regardless. Plus a PG option could become available late (or Walker/Jackson could be ready).
I mean go look at depauls record in conference the last 4 years. Saying he's a p6 starter is kind of like saying Michael Jacobson was.