***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
4 teams who should target Air Force transfer AJ Walker: BYU, Cincy, ISU and St. Mary's.
https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/05/14/ncaa-basketall-4-teams-target-air-force-transfer-aj-walker/

"The Cyclones have been after every perimeter transfer player in the western part of the United States, as well as many from the eastern portion as well. They did land Memphis sit-out off-guard Tyler Harris so far this offseason but hasn’t found anyone to play for next season. That may end up the situation for Walker if he doesn’t get the waiver but this team still needs to get a veteran for the roster.
Returning guard Rasir Bolton could very well leave after next year anyway so Iowa State has to find credible perimeter talent that can play in the Big 12, or risk staying at the bottom of the league. Barring an expected addition from somewhere else in the portal, Walker could be the best option for the guard-starved program."

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
4 teams who should target Air Force transfer AJ Walker: BYU, Cincy, ISU and St. Mary's.
https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/05/14/ncaa-basketall-4-teams-target-air-force-transfer-aj-walker/

"The Cyclones have been after every perimeter transfer player in the western part of the United States, as well as many from the eastern portion as well. They did land Memphis sit-out off-guard Tyler Harris so far this offseason but hasn’t found anyone to play for next season. That may end up the situation for Walker if he doesn’t get the waiver but this team still needs to get a veteran for the roster.
Returning guard Rasir Bolton could very well leave after next year anyway so Iowa State has to find credible perimeter talent that can play in the Big 12, or risk staying at the bottom of the league. Barring an expected addition from somewhere else in the portal, Walker could be the best option for the guard-starved program."
Bolton to grad transfer next year? Let the speculation commence

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
As of like 15 hours ago, an article from a Texas Tech news website said Nadolny is expected to return to Tech.
Yeah not sure who started it, but it wasn't me. I just disagreed with someone who said we'd pass on him

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Bolton to grad transfer next year? Let the speculation commence
Maybe they meant he’s the next early entrant?

Remember when Young was possibly leaving? I don’t see Bolton leaving. He’s going to be the #1 on a P5 team and likely getting some pg duty. That’s as good as he’ll find.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Remember when Young was possibly leaving? I don’t see Bolton leaving. He’s going to be the #1 on a P5 team and likely getting some pg duty. That’s as good as he’ll find.
You and all the folks giving me dumb ratings don't mind me. Just reading into it and interpreting it one of two ways.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
You and all the folks giving me dumb ratings don't mind me. Just reading into it and interpreting it one of two ways.
Your reaction to the comment in the article wasn’t dumb, but that article’s comment was meritless and wasn’t needed to sell our need for guards like Walker. The list of guys that qualify for potentially not being at their school in two years is really ******* long.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
@ChrisMWilliams thoughts on three open scholarships and only actively recruiting one known transfer?
Walker is surprising. Perhaps the possible need of redshirting has us moving on from him?

They are seemingly being very selective. Does the staff feel that good about our roster next year, or is it they view it as being that bad? And are there still three open spots left, or do they think between unknown transfers leaning our way and 2021 high school guys, there is limited room?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I mean, I feel good about the roster other than PG at the moment. I see nothing wrong with getting another sit out guy(assuming they are worth it). And when I say feel good, I don’t mean I think we are winning the Big12 or anything, but if we find a PG we should be better than last year.

I’m starting to wonder if Prohm is actually as confident in Johnson at Point Forward as he sounded in his interview.

He is the PG whisperer, I’ll defer to him on it. Weirdly it’s the only position hes never had to worry about yet it’s the position we are most worried about right now.

Reactions: WhoISthis

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I mean, I feel good about the roster other than PG at the moment. I see nothing wrong with getting another sit out guy(assuming they are worth it). And when I say feel good, I don’t mean I think we are winning the Big12 or anything, but if we find a PG we should be better than last year.

I’m starting to wonder if Prohm is actually as confident in Johnson at Point Forward as he sounded in his interview.

He is the PG whisperer, I’ll defer to him on it. Weirdly it’s the only position hes never had to worry about yet it’s the position we are most worried about right now.

I thought the same thing re: Nick Weiler-Babb playing PG and that turned out pretty well. Johnson is about the same size so I wouldn't exclude him from playing PG.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Bolton is not a NBA player..... at least far from it right now anyway.