***Offical NBA Regular Season Thread***

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
Derrick Rose of Chicago Bulls exits game with right knee injury - ESPN Chicago

Fear is Derrick Rose tore his other ACL. Won't know more until the MRI, later today.

I hope it is not as serious as a tear, and hope he is diagnosed with just a sprain, or some other minor injury. It didn't look good. Non-contact injury on a quick change of direction, knee just buckled.

If DRose is done for the season, I'd expect Deng to be dealt mid season, and Boozer amnestied after the year, and rebuild from there. Jerry Reinsdorf will not spend money on the Bulls if he can avoid it, and without Derrick the Bulls are not really a contender. Also, tearing a second ACL, it is unsure if DRose will ever be the same.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
If DRose tore is other ACL, he will be another What if? Player like Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, etc.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
If Rose has torn his other ACL, the Bulls might blow the whole thing up. They are not going to resign Deng anyways, so they might look to trade him more seriously. Noah would be put on the trade block. Maybe they can get some top draft picks in this draft.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
This makes me sick to my stomach. I couldn't bring myself to watch the replay after watching it happen live. My heart breaks for this kid who has done nothing but work his *** off for that city and his family. He is an A+ human being and I hope everything works itself out but this could potentially be the end of the DRose we all love to watch. Prayers to him.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Not a Bulls fan, but the league is better when Rose is playing. If it is serious, it's a tough break for someone who seems like a good guy and a very hard worker. We can also just skip straight to a Pacers-Heat ECF rematch now, no one else in that conference is touching those two teams.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
michael-scott-no.gif

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Dammit Rose, I was hoping the Bulls would put up a fight with the Pacers and the Heat.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I basically only follow the Cyclones and Bulls (no NFL/MLB/NHL team) and have been a Bulls fan for 30 years and lived in Chicago the past 13...man. All I can say is if not for Hoiball the past four months may have just turned me away from being a sports fan.

I know there was the test score thing with Memphis, but if DRose played for any of your favorite teams you would absolutely love the guy. He's as likable as any player that's ever played for any team I've been a fan of. His MVP season was truly remarkable how often the Bulls would be trailing by 10-15 in the second half and he'd carry them to a victory in a game that should have been a loss. Really, really sucks, I was watching last night and couldn't even bring myself to check out the details till just now because I knew what it would be.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
The player to compare with when coming back from this injury is Russell Westbrook. If we look at how long it took him to come back, that should be the timetable for Rose.

Timeline of Russell Westbrook's Journey from Knee Injury to NBA Return | Bleacher Report

So, from April 24th - November 3rd he was out. That is about 6 1/2 months. So, if Rose went Westbrook's rout and took the surgery that reattaches the meniscus, he should be back around April (Playoff time).

However, we all know about his mental state, so he might not come back until next season.....

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
The player to compare with when coming back from this injury is Russell Westbrook. If we look at how long it took him to come back, that should be the timetable for Rose.

Timeline of Russell Westbrook's Journey from Knee Injury to NBA Return | Bleacher Report

So, from April 24th - November 3rd he was out. That is about 6 1/2 months. So, if Rose went Westbrook's rout and took the surgery that reattaches the meniscus, he should be back around April (Playoff time).

However, we all know about his mental state, so he might not come back until next season.....
Bulls organization actually did it right this time around and announced he is done from the get go. No more questions come playoff time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron