***Offical NBA Regular Season Thread***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Pacers 5-0! Best in da league!

Hopefully their playoff experience the past couple years has forged them into a real contender, the regular season shouldn't be an issue barring major injuries. I'm about to admit the Bulls have no chance unless they can infuse some better long range shooting mid season somehow and I'd love for Indiana to come out of the east instead of Brooklyn or Miami.

Over the span of the last few seasons, nobody is as improved as Hibbert and he still has room to get better.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Bulls are awful.

They are really one dimensional. They need to make some moves and there's legitimate optimism for one or two moves changing things because of the parts they have.

In contrast, Indiana may be the most well rounded team out there.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
They are really one dimensional. They need to make some moves and there's legitimate optimism for one or two moves changing things because of the parts they have.

In contrast, Indiana may be the most well rounded team out there.

What has to really scare the Bulls after last night is how badly Joakim Noah got outplayed by Roy Hibbert. Noah used to own him, but if Hibbert has progressed to the point where Noah can't even play him to a draw then the Bulls are screwed even if Rose shakes off the rust and gets it going.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What has to really scare the Bulls after last night is how badly Joakim Noah got outplayed by Roy Hibbert. Noah used to own him, but if Hibbert has progressed to the point where Noah can't even play him to a draw then the Bulls are screwed even if Rose shakes off the rust and gets it going.

Noah's still improving too which is the real crazy thing. Last year he had his best stats in every area, just Hibbert has improved by leaps and bounds. A lot of Hibbert's defensive dominance last night came on help D which he'd do no matter how good a center the opposition has. It'll be fun to see if Hibbert keeps it up and puts up some epic block #s this year.

I think even if Rose is back to his best form, the Bulls need to infuse some better shooting off the bench. I guess it's possible Hinrich and Dunleavy will shoot better and be more productive stretching defenses but I'm not counting on it. Deng hasn't been hitting from outside like he did the past few years either. I wonder if they're becoming a little too married to their defensive philosophy in personnel decisions, I find myself longing for some Hoiball offensive personnel choices when I watch them this year, even when they were 8-0 through preseason.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
The Bulls will be fine. They have played 4 games. Three of them against probable playoff teams, and the other against the 76ers. This is the first meaningful basketball DRose has played in a year and a half. The team has to adjust to him being back. Deng, Hinrich, Butler, and Dunleavy are all decent outside shooters, and they will eventually make shots. Noah didn't even really play this preseason, and still has to work on getting in shape. And Boozer is actually playing really well. The team will struggle at times this season on offense, but they are built to be a primarily defensive team.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Tinsley starting for Utah against Bulls right now. Rose off to a hot start so may be a rough night for him. Seems like just comcast chicago for TV.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not that they need it right now, but it looks like the Pacers will be getting a boost soon -

Danny Granger of Indiana Pacers expected to practice this week - ESPN

If Granger can come back and be productive it'll create an interesting problem for Larry Bird and Frank Vogel. Insert him as a starter and bring Lance Stephenson off the bench, keep Stephenson in the starting lineup, or deal him and his expiring contract for a less expensive role player, draft picks, or cash?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Not that they need it right now, but it looks like the Pacers will be getting a boost soon -

If Granger can come back and be productive it'll create an interesting problem for Larry Bird and Frank Vogel. Insert him as a starter and bring Lance Stephenson off the bench, keep Stephenson in the starting lineup, or deal him and his expiring contract for a less expensive role player, draft picks, or cash?

I'd keep Granger and bring him off the bench. Pacers have a great shot at the title this year and even though Granger is probably nothing more than a spot up shooter at this point he can provide more benefit to Indy than what I think they would be able to get for him in a trade.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'd keep Granger and bring him off the bench. Pacers have a great shot at the title this year and even though Granger is probably nothing more than a spot up shooter at this point he can provide more benefit to Indy than what I think they would be able to get for him in a trade.

I'm inclined to agree, but it depends on how much he has left in the tank and if he'd even accept a reserve role. The last time he played he was still the primary scorer for Indy, and obviously a lot has changed since then. Tough to ask a guy to go from fifteen shots a game to come off the bench and maybe get half that many looks.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

Didn't see this yesterday, but they should keep Granger somewhat deep on the bench. This team is on fire without him. Ease him back in.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Diante Garrett is running point in crunch time for Utah here, as they play for their first win.

edit: They did it. Congrats DG; Congrats Jazz.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
looking at the standings. Indy, Miami, Chicago top 3 in east. Teams in order from 5th to 8th: Toronto, Atlanta, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Detroit

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
looking at the standings. Indy, Miami, Chicago top 3 in east. Teams in order from 5th to 8th: Toronto, Atlanta, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Detroit

The Atlantic division is awful right now. Best record is Toronto at 5-7.