NFC Championship: 49ers @ Eagles

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I believe the 49ers had a playoff or SB were Jimmy G. Only had to throw 8 passes, so they know what they’re doing.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
IF San Fran wins it, it won't be on Johnson's arm, efficiency, or decision making, that part is clear. How does that diminish Purdy's accomplishments exactly?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, it doesn't diminish Purdy's accomplishments to any of us, but I damn well guarantee you it would be a HUGE crush to the national narrative about it all being about system an Purdy just doing good not to make stupid mistakes.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Gosh dammit. I need to know if Brock is coming back or not NOW. I'm both excited the 9ers tied it up and pissed the Eagles gave a TD to a team with Josh Johnson running the show.
If Johnson threw all over the Eagles defense you would have a point. That drive was all CMC. He even bailed out Johnson on a poorly thrown ball.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If SF wins this without Purdy it’s a huge hit to his accomplishments. It becomes all on Shannahan and how he can win with anyone at QB. It would not be good at all for Brock. Really need the Eagles to blow them out now.

No it isn't, but it isn't surprising that Iowa State fans are stupid enough to believe it.

The 49er's didn't win those 8 games DESPITE of Brock. And anyone with a half way decent football mind knows that.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If SF wins this without Purdy it’s a huge hit to his accomplishments. It becomes all on Shannahan and how he can win with anyone at QB. It would not be good at all for Brock. Really need the Eagles to blow them out now.

The media's reaction to this has no impact on Purdy. Shanahan will decide his future. And I don't think whether or not Josh Johnson wins this game will impact Shanahan's opinion on his starting QB next year.

Reactions: jsb

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah, it doesn't diminish Purdy's accomplishments to any of us, but I damn well guarantee you it would be a HUGE crush to the national narrative about it all being about system an Purdy just doing good not to make stupid mistakes.

But does the national narrative matter that much?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
WTF - sorry if I'm talking about the football game in the ******* title of the thread.

What the **** is it with people just being pricks and dicks and cocks today?

You are on an Iowa State board. I'm not sure why you think anyone cares about your exetential crisis on who to cheer for.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
But does the national narrative matter that much?
To me, absolutely not. But apparently anything anybody posts in this thread besides something like "dude I so want Brock's **** in my mouth right now he's so amazing" will get you dumbed, quoted with dumb remarks, or calls some random slur.

• Funny
Reactions: cstrunk

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
You are on an Iowa State board. I'm not sure why you think anyone cares about your exetential crisis on who to cheer for.
His existential crisis on who to cheer for has spread to many other purdy fans. I suspect many of us are in that exact same Conundrum post Purdy injury.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy
Status
Not open for further replies.