*New Uniform Thread*

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Washington, DC
Regarding 2016 combos, resurrecting the Sigmapolis survey after last season.

Click on the full-size version of game-by-game at top of post.

(Actual survey link is no longer available, from what I can tell)
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...iform-combinations.224300/page-5#post-5478248

I closed the survey after 254 votes. Survey Monkey charges monthly, so I ran this survey and a few others all in the same month and closed everything to be efficient.

Feel free to look over the results or resurrect the thread to debate combinations.

Cardinal-cardinal-cardinal finished #4, actually, after W-W-W, C-Gr-Gr, and W-C-W.

Never been a fan of the ketchup bottle look...

...but I suppose it could be worse.

I was planning on tracking uniforms and hosting a similar survey at the end of this season, even if we move away from this template into something new next year.

I kind of wish we would keep this template -- it offers a lot of mix-and-match ability and lets you be classic some nights and a little more new age some other nights.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Washington, DC
No one should be surprised in the least that we're wearing C/C/C Saturday when you consider UNI's colors.
Agreed. I predicted it above.

I predict we are going to do W-C-W (TTU) or repeat the San José State uniforms last year (cardinal helmet over the gray jersey and pants) for Iowa.

Repeat the same good vibes those winning combos gave us last year at home.

Maybe, if we have it, showcase the "all-gray" look with a new helmet, too.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Washington, DC
A little something like this?
Flip the gold to an outline and the white to the interior on the number. I have always thought colored numbers on jerseys should match the pants at all times.

White numbers over colored pants are okay, however.

Remove the red "mini-stripes" from the jersey -- cool idea overall, but inconsistent with the simple three-stripe "NFL" stripes on the helmet and pants. Consistency is big with me for these things, so we should use the same striping pattern when we can.

Otherwise, great, even if a lot of white for a home team when white is not one of our primary colors. We are not the Indianapolis Colts, after all.

Definitely better, though. The mismatched elements on the existing jerseys make them look like something that you might have a team wearing at practice.

• Agree
Reactions: stiles4cy

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The C/C/C with the red facemasks is the best home uniform we have. Our helmets are slick with the stickers on the back adding a little gold. I liked the W/C/W, but there was something off. I think you guys are underestimating how many teams occasionally use the one-color look for jerseys and pants. I believe Michigan is wearing all "maize" for its game against Florida on Saturday.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
I love the all cardinals. But is it the best uniform we can come up with, no. Uniforms where the helmet is the same color as the tops of the jersey look bad when the pants are a different color IMO. You either need to be all one primary color or the helmet needs to be the same color as the pants. I think our Cardinal and Gold uniforms would look better if the helmets were gold, otherwise stick to the all Cardinal unis IMO

Reactions: CYCLNST8

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I love the all cardinals. But is it the best uniform we can come up with, no. Uniforms where the helmet is the same color as the tops of the jersey look bad when the pants are a different color IMO. You either need to be all one primary color or the helmet needs to be the same color as the pants. I think our Cardinal and Gold uniforms would look better if the helmets were gold, otherwise stick to the all Cardinal unis IMO
This is why the best uniform combo we have is cardinal helmet, white jersey, cardinal pants IMO

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
helmet needs to be the same color as the pants. I think our Cardinal and Gold uniforms would look better if the helmets were gold
I like this as the standard (assuming we finally get gold helmets). Main home: G-C-G, with W-C-W as 1A standard; Main road, C-W-C, with all-white 1A road standard. Obviously there will be alternates and they won't all follow helmet/pants match. That's OK, those would be used less frequently than the 4 listed above.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I'm really surprised we haven't started speculating on what we are going to wear Saturday.