*New Uniform Thread*

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Not a big fan of the single color look. It looks too much like an adult onesie for my taste.

Says Wonder Woman.

wonderwoman_romper_1555_1024x1024.jpg

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Those may not be in lockers, but they still have all of the gameday stickers on them. Unless they are trying to throw us off, I'd bet on seeing at least red helmets. Wouldn't surprise me if we went with a traditional color scheme week 1 then bring something new out for the Iowa game.
That's probably what will happen, but I hate when we do special stuff for the Iowa game. It just contributes to their belief that it is our most important game.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
That's probably what will happen, but I hate when we do special stuff for the Iowa game. It just contributes to their belief that it is our most important game.

I somewhat agree. Definite exception was 2007, because it (1) was 30th anniversary of series renewal, so it was appropriate throwback (2) those '77 uniforms kick-*** regardless of opponent.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Since they intentionally made the video difficult to see, it makes me wonder if there will be some interesting variations that were unexpected, but still fit within the cardinal/cardinal/cardinal color scheme.
This was my first thought also. Likely to be something you can't see in the video.

The C/C/C isn't my favorite look, but I think any variation is better than cardinal jersey with "gold" pants.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
The all Cardinal look was one of my favorites last season only behind the all White and the all grey/red helmet.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

They changed uniforms every single game last year if you include facemasks. I'd expect more of the same. Just because they do something different next weekend does not mean it is special just for that game.

• Agree
Reactions: NewClone09

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I like the all cardinal look. My personal favorite last year was the white/red/white look against Texas Tech. I know we were supposed to see them last year but for some reason we didn't, but I would like to see the yellow jerseys again. I know a lot of people hated them, but I think they weren't executed properly. If we go with the red helmet and a red facemark, yellow jersey and red pants I think it would look pretty good.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Regarding 2016 combos, resurrecting the Sigmapolis survey after last season.

Click on the full-size version of game-by-game at top of post.

(Actual survey link is no longer available, from what I can tell)

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...iform-combinations.224300/page-5#post-5478248

I closed the survey after 254 votes. Survey Monkey charges monthly, so I ran this survey and a few others all in the same month and closed everything to be efficient.

Feel free to look over the results or resurrect the thread to debate combinations.

Cardinal-cardinal-cardinal finished #4, actually, after W-W-W, C-Gr-Gr, and W-C-W.

Never been a fan of the ketchup bottle look...

514500.ashx

...but I suppose it could be worse.

I was planning on tracking uniforms and hosting a similar survey at the end of this season, even if we move away from this template into something new next year.

I kind of wish we would keep this template -- it offers a lot of mix-and-match ability and lets you be classic some nights and a little more new age some other nights.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
No one should be surprised in the least that we're wearing C/C/C Saturday when you consider UNI's colors.

Agreed. I predicted it above.

I predict we are going to do W-C-W (TTU) or repeat the San José State uniforms last year (cardinal helmet over the gray jersey and pants) for Iowa.

Repeat the same good vibes those winning combos gave us last year at home.

Maybe, if we have it, showcase the "all-gray" look with a new helmet, too.