NCAA Seeding

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
TOE shouldn't even be in the tournament. Maybe a play in game scenario for them at this point.

Chris Hassel had a funny tweet saying somethin like "Iowa/ISU as a play-in game. Winner goes home loser has to keep playing!" I thought it was pretty funny

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Disregard what I said. The bubble is probably the worst I’ve ever seen so we might end up as a 6 seed. I just went back to see how truly awful the bubble was.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
In the scenario we lose to Baylor...
For us to drop to an 8 I think the teams that could pass us up with good conference tourney performances are VCU (NET #31), UCF (NET #28) and probably Baylor (NET #36) if they make the Big 12 championship game.

Outside of that it'd take something crazy like Syracuse or Ole Miss beating multiple 1/2 seed type teams to win their conference tournament.

Aug 26, 2014
Chris Hassel had a funny tweet saying somethin like "Iowa/ISU as a play-in game. Winner goes home loser has to keep playing!" I thought it was pretty funny
That is funny. But I think we have some hope after that TT game. Yes we lost, but that's a great team and we had some chances. We can get hot. Iowa just lost to the team many thought was the worst right now due to all of their injuries. It's much better (as usual) to be a Cyclone fan than a hok fan right now. Neither have been super great at the past several games.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I hope we drop to the 10 spot. Would rather lose as the lower seed.

Someone had to say it.

We're going to rip through the Big 12 Tournament and somehow snag a 1 seed. But then we get upset in the first round becoming the first school to lose as a 1, 2, and 3 seed in the opening round. If we're going full doom and gloom let's at least shoot for the stars.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Most have us as a 7. I think that’s definitely where we will be if we lose to Baylor. Best case will be a 6.

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
I'm not sure what thread is the official NCAA seeding. Lundardi moved Michigan up to a 2 in Des Moines (Was a 3) and has the 7 seed in that pod Iowa State. This is now the 2nd major projection having ISU as a 7 in Des Moines. USA Today has that as well. I'd rather see them win the next two and move up a spot or 2, but there seems to be a chance they land in Des Moines as a 7 with a potential Michigan/Michagan St. matchup looming

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
In the scenario we lose to Baylor...
For us to drop to an 8 I think the teams that could pass us up with good conference tourney performances are VCU (NET #31), UCF (NET #28) and probably Baylor (NET #36) if they make the Big 12 championship game.

Outside of that it'd take something crazy like Syracuse or Ole Miss beating multiple 1/2 seed type teams to win their conference tournament.

Funny that every single one of the teams you mentioned have lost (except us).

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Disregard what I said. The bubble is probably the worst I’ve ever seen so we might end up as a 6 seed. I just went back to see how truly awful the bubble was.

Seems like the bubble has been horrific since they went to 68 teams. I wish they would go back to 64. Will not happen, but wish it would.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
UCF losing helps, top 8 seed as of today. Got whipped by Memphis.

VCU, another projected 8 seed, loses to Rhode Island.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron