NBA Draft 2014

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
You are full of ****. I follow the NBA and the draft like a mofo. Marble, Kane and Ejim were all lauded as hard workers with versatile games. Kane and Ejim are a bit more skilled but undersized. Age killed Kane for sure. Between ESPN, Yahoo, NBADRAFTNET, and NBA.com, I haven't seen one article or heard once on TV that Marble (or Kane/Ejim for that matter) had a bad work ethic. Quite the opposite, actually. Marble and Ejim both steadily improved throughout their careers. Zero chance that happens if they aren't hard workers.

I am pretty constipated today...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Whoa whoa whoa. "Much wiser pick?" Let's slow down a little. Marble was 6 picks away from not getting drafted. Bilas had him only a few spots better than Kane. Don't act like there was this huge gap between them. I mean, we're still talking about a late 2nd round pick. Players taken there still have lots of question marks. Not exactly a sure thing. Marbles youth was his advantage, but "much wiser" is just trolling.

Some of these trolls need to slow their roll, there are FOUR cyclones at five NBA camps and marble isn't guaranteed anything. Things change fast like a certain locker room theft.

Section136

Jul 5, 2010
It's okay. Kane got a Big 12 championship and a sweet 16 appearance and has a good chance at making the Lakers so I'm guessing he's pretty satisfied

*Big 12 Tournament Championship.

I am going to guess you fools dont credit Iowa with 2 Big 10 titles since 2000-2001.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
There is a LOT of petty bickering in here over players who are guaranteed nothing at this point. Marble was drafted at the end of the second round and the track record for picks that late isn't great to say the least. Kane and Ejim and whoever else could end up making a team despite not being drafted. Let's revisit this in a few months instead of having stupid arguments about work ethics and ages.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I think there a conference titles (regular season champs) and conference champs (tournament champs). At least in my opinion.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They were bounced by MSU.

They would have gotten bounced by Msu had they beat northwestern. Marble came very very close to leading his teamto another nit.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Why don't you count the 2 Iowa got in 1999 or the Creighton win in the tourney in 2001?

Derp much?

Sorry, I didn't fact check myself before posting. 2001, 1997, the point is still the same. Last time you losers won a tourney game, no one in the state really knew who Hampton was, and the World Trade Center towers were standing.