Naz Long 3 point record

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
Updated to include Nevada NCAA Tournament game stats:

Naz has 259 career 3s and is now 13 away from Jake Sullivan's career mark (270).

Naz has 97 3s for the season and is now 5 away from Dedric Willoughby's single season record (102).

Also - Matt Thomas has had an epic last 4 games and is also closing in on the career mark with 253 career triples (84 this season)

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There were people at the beginning of the season thinking he should have hung it up.

I feel stupid for not thinking this team was capable of doing what they're currently doing, but to question having Naz continue his career after what he's given to ISU was mind boggling even when the team was struggling.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Heard on the radio today he will probably take the single season conference record from Willoughby as well.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
After tonight, Naz has 241 career 3s and is now 29 away from Jake Sullivan (270) for career 3s.

Probably 7-9 games left in his career. He's averaged 5 3s/game the last 4 games. Definitely possible but gonna be tough.

Where is a good site for the all time ISU records? I've been curious about minutes played and how close Georges/Ejim got to it and how close Monte is.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I really enjoyed Thug life, when he was here, but have been less than pleased with him post career. I really hope that we can get Naz that crown. He deserves it. He will be a much better rep for the school anyway, he loves this place and his team and it shows.

Out of any of the recent players, maybe even more so than Georges, I'd love to see him come back to coach. He is the glue that held the team together many times over the last 5 years. Even as a freshman he was a leader that would put his arms around a couple of guys that weren't on the same page. I think we will miss him as much as anyone and more than many realize.

Any way he can take down the career record without topping deadeye's single season record? That would be good with me. DW was always one of my favorite players.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If Naz would of had 4 full seasons of major playing time (he only had 3) he would put this record where no one could touch it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

If I'm reading this right Monte broke the record for ISU minutes played two games ago. This says Grayer has the record at 4,398 minutes played and Monte's career stats now show 4446.

It looks like Monte will also pass Ejim and Niang to be the leader in games played, I can't find his starts but maybe Ejim/Niang will still lead there. Thomas will probably be second in games played.

So Monte is going to own at least these records:
Assists
Steals (most likely)
Minutes played
Games played
NCAA games played (Thomas will tie him, but both set record with one game this year)
Games started? (can't find but may be close)