National media coverage

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
It’s the morning show on Sirius XM college radio. Only station I listen to. Being out of state I have nothing to listen to that covers college sports as a whole
I enjoy listening to full ride on Sirius xm in the morning with the show pony Chris Childers

• Agree
Reactions: CRcyclone6

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I really can't blame others for passing over teams that will possibly be playing UConn. If someone held me down I'm not sure where I'd put us either.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
ISU has also won 9 of the last 10 games and they defend like nobody else. But scoring is sexier than defending, so people like to gravitate towards schools that score

The funny thing is, over the last couple weeks, our offense hasn't sucked. Its not been the top offense, but we've been playing like a top 15 offense (and the #1 team in the country overall).

If we can sustain that into this weekend, we'll have a good time

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
CBS reseed has us one spot ahead of Illinois. It's almost as if some people overrate us, some people underrate us, and some people are in the middle..it's almost as if different people have different opinions.
This. I haven’t watch much of Duke, Clemson, or Ncst this year so I wouldn’t have a clue how to analyze them so I get if people are unfamiliar with us.

The craziest thing I have seen is a couple of articles and podcasts were ranking games by “what games are most entertaining/interesting” and multiple people had our game least intriguing.

I would argue it should be a top 3 game in interest based on the matchups/contrasting styles/passionate fanbases etc.

Fwiw, I’d personally say Ncst/marquette has the least appeal to me.

• Agree
Reactions: Bocy

1TwistedCyclone

Jan 16, 2024
Cedar Falls
Screw the media. Cyclones take care of business, and they will win. We have a balanced team they plays hard as hell and doesn't whine about bad calls (although Gilbert has been shown signs of significant irritation the last 2 tournament games). Iowa State just needs to play their game, and everything will fall into place.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Andy Katz today on Sirius College Sports said ISU and Illinois can give UCONN a battle, he would pick UCONN in both, but wouldn't be surprised if either made it a struggle for UCONN. ISU has the best D in the country and Illinois can score with anyone, but can they defend, he said. He went on to say he thinks Illinois would give UCONN a better game (better offense) and that UCONN playing in Boston is a huge advantage (DUH).

Reactions: Cyclonepride

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Andy Katz today on Sirius College Sports said ISU and Illinois can give UCONN a battle, he would pick UCONN in both, but wouldn't be surprised if either made it a struggle for UCONN. ISU has the best D in the country and Illinois can score with anyone, but can they defend, he said. He went on to say he thinks Illinois would give UCONN a better game (better offense) and that UCONN playing in Boston is a huge advantage (DUH).
Yes, I heard that. Illinois would give UCONN a better game. AKA, they have a better chance to beat UCONN than ISU.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Dusty & Danny in the morning….

Their reseeding of tournament teams just put ISU at 9. I know they are football only and they attempt to talk basketball. They obviously have no clue about basketball. Illinois was higher on their list.

Aside from that, NO ONE on national media has talked about ISU.

Let’s shock the damn world!
Big 12 channel on sirius Xm is good. ch375

I dont listen often but when I do get the chance its pretty decent. That and Sirius XM college sports(ch 84), and Mad Dog sports (ch 82) are ok.

They have Dave Archer on one of the shows who an ISU alum and ISU hall of famer, I think there may be another from ISU on one of the shows as a co-host.

Other hosts on B12 channel include:
Fran Fraschilla
Holly Rowe
etc

But none of the national people have ever given ISU any respect. Thats nothing new.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm not sure relying on outscoring UConn is going to work. You have to stop UConn a bit in order to beat them, and unless Illinois is on fire, they're not going to do it with that defense.

• Agree
Reactions: CRcyclone6

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron