National media coverage

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Dusty & Danny in the morning….

Their reseeding of tournament teams just put ISU at 9. I know they are football only and they attempt to talk basketball. They obviously have no clue about basketball. Illinois was higher on their list.

Aside from that, NO ONE on national media has talked about ISU.

Let’s shock the damn world!

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop

Their reseeding of tournament teams just put ISU at 9. I know they are football only and they attempt to talk basketball. They obviously have no clue about basketball. Illinois was higher on their list.

This isn't surprising. Also, never heard of "Dusty & Danny in the morning".

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina

It’s the morning show on Sirius XM college radio. Only station I listen to. Being out of state I have nothing to listen to that covers college sports as a whole

Reactions: CRcyclone6

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Dusty and Danny is a good show. Not a huge deal that they went with Illinois. They've won 9/10 games and score a shitload. An article on ESPN has Sweet 16 predictions and two of three people picked ISU.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Dusty and Danny is a good show. Not a huge deal that they went with Illinois. They've won 9/10 games and score a shitload. An article on ESPN has Sweet 16 predictions and two of three people picked ISU.
I agree. It’s a good show. Dusty is a little annoying at times but they have a good chemistry.

• Agree
Reactions: CRcyclone6

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
ISU has also won 9 of the last 10 games and they defend like nobody else. But scoring is sexier than defending, so people like to gravitate towards schools that score

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I agree. It’s a good show. Dusty is a little annoying at times but they have a good chemistry.
The “Danny” is former Florida State QB and NFL journeyman Danny Kanell, btw. “Dusty” is former Oklahoma and Chicago Bears defensive lineman Dusty Dvoracek. I think they’re entertaining and insightful when it comes to college football talk; I have no idea if they know much of anything about basketball, lol.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
For sure. I tweet these guys a lot and 90% of the time Dusty responds, that's cool. I really like the Rick Neuheisel and Chris Childers show on after, Full Ride.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
The “Danny” is former Florida State QB and NFL journeyman Danny Kanell, btw. “Dusty” is former Oklahoma and Chicago Bears defensive lineman Dusty Dvoracek. I think they’re entertaining and insightful when it comes to college football talk; I have no idea if they know much of anything about basketball, lol.
They don’t know much about basketball. Which is fine. They are a good show. I was just trying to point out that NO ONE in the national media thinks ISU is in the conversation for the final four. This helps us that no one talks about us

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Danny Kanell? No chance I'll listen to that show for basketball.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia

You think being football guys they’d like us more because of our style of play

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Yeah, I think it was On3 that had us reseeded at 13. Why? Who the hell knows, we've played really well in both games.

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
We really haven’t met expectations when we have been the sexy pick and burned a few announcers. No time like the present to start exceeding expectations.

Reactions: Lexclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron