Moss to Vikings rumor

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Seeing how his totals this year are already almost equal to last year the answer would be-

no, just like the other 18 years of his career

you mean his INT totals at the beginning of this season without a deep WR threat?

Prior to last season? I can't speak for the years he played with some crappy teams. :jimlad:

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
you mean his INT totals at the beginning of this season without a deep WR threat?

Prior to last season? I can't speak for the years he played with some crappy teams. :jimlad:

18 years is a greater sample than 1.. Just a good guess that he will follow the rule, not the exception.. Why does having a deep threat help? He will be more inclined to chuck it up because he thinks Rice can go get em all and from what I can tell this year he has lost some distance.. And besides, I know at least one of his INTs was right into the gut of a 320 lb defensive lineman.. He shoulda had a deep threat on that one

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Hes close friends with a bunch of players.

So does Moss text him and let him know how talks are going every so often or how would that work? I am not trying to be a smart *** or anything just always kinda wondered how some of those guys get information leaked and updated so fast

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
18 years is a greater sample than 1.. Just a good guess that he will follow the rule, not the exception.. Why does having a deep threat help? He will be more inclined to chuck it up because he thinks Rice can go get em all and from what I can tell this year he has lost some distance.. And besides, I know at least one of his INTs was right into the gut of a 320 lb defensive lineman.. He shoulda had a deep threat on that one

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the importance of a deep-threat receiver and what impact it makes on several aspect of an offense.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the importance of a deep-threat receiver and what impact it makes on several aspect of an offense.

I agree that he hasn't had a real significant deep threat this year and maybe Rice or Moss would have come down with some of the balls other guys didnt. My point was that Favre has always been among the leaders in interceptions and last year was an epiphany from any other season he has had, and from his start this year, my guess would be that his totals will be closer to the other 17 years

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Good, I'd love to see this, it will make it even more funny when the Vikes flame out in the playoffs again.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Good, I'd love to see this, it will make it even more funny when the Vikes flame out in the playoffs again.

They have to get there first. And with the schedule I posted earlier...that's no easy task.

Also, Moss is not a possession/go-to guy. He isn't Sydney Rice. He is more like Bernard Berrian (but WAY better). Favre has been missing a go-to guy like Rice was last year...acquiring Moss will make them better but he clearly won't fill that roll.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Done deal according to Jay Glazer and Adam Schefter just tweeted it as well. Should break at 8am this morning. 3rd round pick to NE for 2011.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Bad day for the Packers. Moss has owned them in a Viking jersey.