Mizzou

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I found it hilarious that their not-full arena decided that with a minute to go in a close game against the #1 team in the country that they started a "F--K KU!" chant. Kansas lives rent free in their heads forever.
KU shouldn't have agreed to reinstate the series. Mizzou needs the game more.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
For you young fans, I get a shiver every time Missouri basketball is even mentioned. 30 years ago, their student section, was called something like "The Elks." They supported with a whole new level. Borderline crossed the lines. I remember one game one year they got in Jeff Grayers head by chanting something very very very nasty about Grayers mom over and over. Man alive they took it to a whole new level.

I'm still scared from it and I'm 45. You mention Missouri basketball and it gets cold quickly.

The Antlers, but all student sections were brutal back then. Hell we brought cap guns for "suicide Steve". Johnny, Norm, Tubbs at OU were all coaches that were entertaining and fired things up. Great time to be a fan back then, Just like it is today with all these crazy games we get to watch with this yrs team.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
No excuses to lose this game. NET ranking 156 as of today. Basically the only possibility for a bad loss at any point the rest of the season. Take care of business and we're 16-5 which is remarkable.

Reactions: isutrevman

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I found it hilarious that their not-full arena decided that with a minute to go in a close game against the #1 team in the country that they started a "F--K KU!" chant. Kansas lives rent free in their heads forever.
KU fans are just as viscous though with their smack

E139869A-AE55-48FE-99C6-AC8B8697C663.jpeg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Grayer's mom had severe arthritis and he was homesick his freshman year so he went to visit her. The Antlers chanted "Momma is a cow" and someone said "Momma's Boy" to Jeff from the stands. Grayer went up into the stands after him.
I believe this account is the closest to the truth. It is what I remember hearing at the time.

Actually I found a news story about it. They did more than heckling at the arena. They were and are a bunch of losers.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think that was the same team that lost to a 15 seed in the first round of the Tourney the next week. Loved it.

2 seed Duke and 2 seed Mizzou both got upset within minutes of each other.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I believe this account is the closest to the truth. It is what I remember hearing at the time.

Actually I found a news story about it. They did more than heckling at the arena. They were and are a bunch of losers.

I didn't realize they actually followed the team from the hotel. Wow that's carried away.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Crazy that Missouri games was 119-93. Has any Big Xii team scored over 100 in conference play this year? I was living in Norman when OU had Mookie Blaylock, Stacie King, and Waymond Tisdale. I think they averaged like 115 points during the non con schedule that year. I attended the ISU game in Norman and Billy Tubbs put the second string in the game when they were up by close to 20 with 4 minutes left. The crowd booed because they wanted to run up the score more.

Reactions: NWICY

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Crazy that Missouri games was 119-93. Has any Big Xii team scored over 100 in conference play this year? I was living in Norman when OU had Mookie Blaylock, Stacie King, and Waymond Tisdale. I think they averaged like 115 points during the non con schedule that year. I attended the ISU game in Norman and Billy Tubbs put the second string in the game when they were up by close to 20 with 4 minutes left. The crowd booed because they wanted to run up the score more.

College basketball has really hurt itself with freedom of movement rules. The games was much more popular 20, 30 or even 40 years ago.

Reactions: isutrevman

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

I've written before on here regarding my feelings on Missouri the state, and I'll do so again here; I despise the state, with the exception of the metro areas. Nothing but white trash and meth as far as I'm concerned, and if you were to devastate the state (again, outside of KC and St. Louis) with a nuclear blast I think the nation's average IQ would go up by almost ten points. There is a reason why "Ozark" is set in rural Missouri.

I hope we win by 40 and keep our starters in the whole game. I want us to destroy their will to compete. I. Hate. Missouri.

And yes, the low class antics by low class trash like the Antlers that I still remember as a kid has a lot to do with it.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007

Jeff was classy about the whole thing afterward..I think he was quoted as saying. "Say anything you want about me but don't talk about my mother". Mizzou fans are the worst, but they did do one thing I thought was funny. When Sam Mack was announced before a game in Columbia they played "Mack the Knife"

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
Grayer's mom had severe arthritis and he was homesick his freshman year so he went to visit her. The Antlers chanted "Momma is a cow" and someone said "Momma's Boy" to Jeff from the stands. Grayer went up into the stands after him.

The Antlers were a bunch of real dbags that would do almost anything to harass the opposing team. When another team arrived in Columbia, they would meet the bus outside of town and follow it to the team hotel. They would then shout terrible things at the players as they were getting off the bus. The university took so much criticism, they finally had to ban the group from even being on campus. They were real asshats.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I think Mizzou is bad and there's something like 10 years of demons coming for them Saturday for avoiding the coliseum for so long
Lol, they just played in Ames 38 months ago.
They were just in Hilton a few years ago.
My mistake. LOL
Half the statement is still correct. Mizzou will likely be forever demonized for a number of reasons, among them leaving the Conference for the sec.

Just another reason to 'let 'em have it' in Hilton.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Do you really think we will favor your KU over Mizzou in any way? We 'love' you both equally.
KU fans are just as viscous though with their smack

View attachment 94934

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I think a **** KU chant is a prerequisite for an enjoyable contest.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I hope if ISU is winning late, an SEC chant breaks out.

Reactions: salennon07

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron