Matt Campbell gets PAID.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
That's the only part that sucks and I think will end up hurting on the recruiting trail. The narrative will be "Matt Campbell is on his way out the door at Iowa State."

And $75M is insane. The whole damn endzone club didn't cost that much.

Not really. How many coaches have that kind of buyout to take another job? Very, very few. I think a lot of you think the buyout if you fire a coach is the same as the buyout another school has to pay if they hire your coach is the same thing. It's not.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Thank you Jamie Pollard! This is going to make watching the coaching shuffle over the next month way more entertaining now that we are purely spectators. Not that I thought he was going anywhere...you just never know what can happen.

Reactions: CYTUTT

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wish CMC hadn't wanted the buyout lowered, but 7 million is still a good chunk of cash.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Yes it is. Years on a contract are meaningless when it comes to number of years a coach is actually at a school. in four years he'll have a contract that extends beyond that, he'll be hired away, or he'll be on the hot seat. Nobody's contract simply runs out.
Unless you are Kevin Jackson.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
The SEZ project was "only" $60 million and that includes the water feature and stuff that they are still building. $75 million is quite the project and I would think that parking has to be in there somewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad and aauummm

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Seems like a good time to post this again
Screen_Shot_2015-01-12_at_7.44.58_PM.0.0.png

But Kudos for him for coming out and admitting he was wrong

Last edited:

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I wish CMC hadn't wanted the buyout lowered, but 7 million is still a good chunk of cash.
Isn't that what the buyout next year would be with the current contract? Does anyone actually know what the buyout is besides guessing? is there a source? The buyout surely is higher than the 9 mil right now.

Not saying 7 mil is wrong but wondering of the source.

Last edited:

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
That's the only part that sucks and I think will end up hurting on the recruiting trail. The narrative will be "Matt Campbell is on his way out the door at Iowa State."

And $75M is insane. The whole damn endzone club didn't cost that much.

What are you talking about? If you think a new 6yr deal worth $22mil and $75 mil more in facilities is gonna hurt recruiting I don't know now what else u need to see?

If CMC previous contract was still in place guess what the buyout would be afternoon next year? $6 mil.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
He didn't. They just didn't alter the buyout/guarentee portion of the contract. Pollard said it was still balanced and the original clause remained unchanged. So the 2 way guarenteed portion of the contract remains unaltered at this point. Meaning it is just a raise really without increase in guarentee or buyout. He is guarenteed the original sum and ISU is owed that sum if he leaves. So will be good for recruiting. Maintain security for a couple years and even of he is hired 3 years from now Iowa state will get a couple million. I think keeping the "balance" is fair and frankly first contract Iowa Statea had all the leverage. This contract Campbell does. I think the higher salary plus buyout will keep all but the biggest dogs at bay and frankly those are ones that we really have to worry about.

Im4State

Oct 16, 2009
Urbandale
Man I’m so pumped!!

Great job Jamie! Great to hear how they sat down and discussed what matters to CMC and his fam. This is what being a Cyclone is! It feels like we struck gold with him but it’s reciprocal. We bought in to his Process and will support him in whatever he needs to raise the standards and get that championship!

Can’t wait to hear more on the new facilities expansion and how that alters the north side

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Pollad on call in show said original buyout and guarentee remains unchanged. It was amended by extending 2 years and increased in salary.
Isn't that what the buyout next year would be with the current contract? Does anyone actually know what the buyout is besides guessing? is there a source? The buyout surely is higher than the 9 mil right now.

Not saying 7 mil is wrong but wondering of the source.

CloneSt8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 1, 2011

They did not lower the buyout. It has the same terms as before with the original contract and the buyout dollars go down each year under the original contract terms and would be 7 million next year.

Reactions: aauummm