• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Continue to be pleasantly surprised by Ms. Marvel. The look at American Islamic culture has been interesting, so was the history lesson on the Partition. That was something I don't think I ever learned about in any history class.

Not sure what I think if Damage Control is the real villain. Seems almost like they are setting them up as a stand in for the Department of Mutant Affairs. Really hope there is something deeper than the government is the bad guy. The final scene seems to indicate there is something more though. Oh, and loved the Kingo reference.

My wife used to photograph a lot of Indian and Pakastani Muslim weddings in Chicago and I helped her a lot. I bet I’ve been to 20 southeast Asian Muslim weddings. The dads were absolute champions for their girls, it’s a bit of a positive stereotype but I don’t think one bride wasn’t on her way or already a doctor, lawyer or ad executive.

Reactions: Aclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I’ve been way behind but almost caught up on MCU…

Need to watch Strange 2 but disappointed in Shang Chi, BW and especially Eternals. I grew up reading cosmic marvel (still own 100s of cosmic marvel comics) and should be a sucker for it, but yikes Eternals was bad.

Hawkeye really surprised me. Way better than I thought and would love a second season. Probably my favorite marvel episodic series unless you count 90s Fox XMen cartoon.

Rest of the D+ Series all seems better than the Netflix stuff but so so. Wandavision feels like it’d be better as one episode. I love twighlight zone, outer limits, xfiles and seems like it’d be one good episode of that. Really liking Ms Marvel so far, on fence about Moonknight after 3 episodes.

Reactions: Triggermv

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

Did Howard Stern just leak and upcoming Doctor Doom MCU movie?
Feige has pretty much said Secret Wars is coming and Dr. Doom plays a huge role in that.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Feige has pretty much said Secret Wars is coming and Dr. Doom plays a huge role in that.

I'd be curious what Feige quote you are referring to, as I don't think that is true. Regardless, when considering all other signs, especially in Multiverse of Madness, yes, it seems all roads lead towards Secret Wars. I'll be curious to see if he makes an appearance in Wakanda Forever like some rumors have hinted or not.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

This could be interesting if true. However, if true, what is the point of so much secrecy anyways? If it ends up being something like Black Cat, Silver Sable or Spider-Gwen, just announce them as such. Any of those are hardly break the internet announcements, and I have a hard time thinking of some announcement that would. So why be so deceptive? Especially if it is announced as actually a Black Cat movie like they have been trying to seemingly pull off for a decade, I'd end up simply annoyed.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw the recent episode of Ms Marvel and in general overall found it entertaining enough. I still find the action to be pretty lame and hokey, including the look of her powers. Iman Vellani is also far from an an action star, which doesn't help. I've also found that certain parts of this series feel very small and low-budget, and this episode had multiple instances of this. Outside of those complaints, its more the family dynamic and learning about her different culture which entertains me and brings me back.

I know for some people, this series is their favorite MCU show so far, which good on them. I'm just not one of them, at least not yet. I definitely find it to be upper half of the Disney+ MCU series so far, especially with its writing. At least the show so far has avoided all the writing and directing lows some of the other series suffered majorly from. On the flip side, I don't think it has hit some of the writing and directing highs of my favorite series WandaVision. In the end, I'd only say WandaVision is clearly a good chunk overall better than it.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Saw the recent episode of Ms Marvel and in general overall found it entertaining enough. I still find the action to be pretty lame and hokey, including the look of her powers. Iman Vellani is also far from an an action star, which doesn't help. I've also found that certain parts of this series feel very small and low-budget, and this episode had multiple instances of this. Outside of those complaints, its more the family dynamic and learning about her different culture which entertains me and brings me back.

I know for some people, this series is their favorite MCU show so far, which good on them. I'm just not one of them, at least not yet. I definitely find it to be upper half of the Disney+ MCU series so far, especially with its writing. At least the show so far has avoided all the writing and directing lows some of the other series suffered majorly from. On the flip side, I don't think it has hit some of the writing and directing highs of my favorite series WandaVision. In the end, I'd only say WandaVision is clearly a good chunk overall better than it.
This show is so weird for me. I love the actors and the writing is solid, but I gave up on it after Episode 3 because in the end I just find it to be incredibly boring. I just don’t see what the point of the show is a lot of the time as it pertains to Marvel. And like I said it’s annoying that it’s so boring and pointless to me most of the time because these characters are fun and there’s a lot there.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I love the show, but I agree the action kind of sucks. To be honest that's just not remotely the point for me though, it's like the #50 thing I'm interested in on this show.

As to it being small, it did start filming in 2020 when COVID was still banging away from a production standpoint so I'm sure they had to change the series to be smaller.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I love the show, but I agree the action kind of sucks. To be honest that's just not remotely the point for me though, it's like the #50 thing I'm interested in on this show.

As to it being small, it did start filming in 2020 when COVID was still banging away from a production standpoint so I'm sure they had to change the series to be smaller.

That is a good point with the Covid filming aspect of it

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
This show is so weird for me. I love the actors and the writing is solid, but I gave up on it after Episode 3 because in the end I just find it to be incredibly boring. I just don’t see what the point of the show is a lot of the time as it pertains to Marvel. And like I said it’s annoying that it’s so boring and pointless to me most of the time because these characters are fun and there’s a lot there.

Yes, I agree. I have found myself bored at multiple points, especially with this past episode.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneEggie

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
This past episode wasn't my favorite. Felt a little all over and some of it didn't really make sense. Overall still enjoying the show.

I think part of the problem with the last episode is the best part so far has been the characters and we saw almost none of them except Kamala and then they introduced a new group without saying much about them and they're not that interesting so far.

• Agree

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I felt the action sequences in this one was superior to the one in episode 3. Still, they introduced a whole new group, of which I couldn't tell whether there were only 2 members or were all the kids at the beach in the group. Still unclear on the motivation of the villains, is it get home or tear down the barrier between realities. And holy hell, Damage Control is starting to look like the Star Wars Empire in terms of ineptitude. State of the art detainment facility and that's how move prisoners through it. Come on.

Still enjoying the cultural aspects of the show, but it's devolving into a travelogue with the occasional story bits. It is very clear though that 6 episodes is not enough time to flesh these stories out. 8-10 would have been better. Felt the same way about Moon Knight.