For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

cycloneshort

Jan 19, 2017
Opening action sequence was ridiculous but fun and worthy of the big screen. I really like how these shows are making me much more invested in these characters. Never cared much for Wanda and Vision but Wandavision made them two of my favorites. I can already tell this show is going to do the same for Falcon and Winter Soldier. I really didn't care much for Falcon at all in the movies but like his character much more in this first show.

that opening action scene was the first in the MCU that actually felt like something straight from the cartoons. I loved it.

Reactions: NorthCyd

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I didn’t pay any attention when Mulan did this but how long after the release does it take before it’s free on D+?

About 3 months:

Mulan came out September 4 exclusively on Premier Access and then was free on Disney+ Dec 4.

This is roughly the same turn-around between an MCU theatrical debut and when it comes out for digital purchase.

Reactions: mramseyISU

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Black Widow's delay to July has also pushed back the release date for Shang-Chi: that film now comes out September 3. Eternals and Spider-Man: No Way Home are still on schedule.

Revised 2021 MCU Release Calendar:
Jan 15: Wandavision
Mar 19: Falcon & The Winter Soldier
June 11: Loki
July 9: Black Widow
Summer TBD: What If?
Sept 3: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings
TBD: Ms Marvel
Nov 5: Eternals
TBD: Hawkeye
Dec 17: Spider-Man: No Way Home

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Bummer about Black Widow, but it's the wise move. By then everybody should be vaccinated who wants it and IMO people will be dying to get back in the world.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Likely tied to Hydra and US gov and their super human experiments over the years.

These won't be spoilers. I'm making this up as I type:

I suspect you're totally right. Isaiah's story will be all about that. I wouldn't be surprised if he found out something about the Hydra side that he shouldn't have, and that led to using race to throw him in prison.

Overall, I think his story will be the one motivating Sam to claim the shield and title. That part is probably the most obvious guess, though.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
My guess:

The super soldiers they fought aren't the bad guys but the people chasing them were and somehow the new Cap is in league with them. In the end Sam and Bucky will team up against the mystery people and new Cap. Idk maybe that's too obvious

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
These won't be spoilers. I'm making this up as I type:

I suspect you're totally right. Isaiah's story will be all about that. I wouldn't be surprised if he found out something about the Hydra side that he shouldn't have, and that led to using race to throw him in prison.

Overall, I think his story will be the one motivating Sam to claim the shield and title. That part is probably the most obvious guess, though.

I would be epic if they had some sort of flashback to Isaiah’s and Bucky’s fight they referenced.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I would be epic if they had some sort of flashback to Isaiah’s and Bucky’s fight they referenced.

Sure would!
I think Isaiah is modified from the lead character in a story about the U.S. government trying to replicate the Super-Soldier Serum. Seeing what each guy was there to do in Korea would be awesome.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
They mentioned Power Broker in the episode. Seems likely to me that the super soldiers were made by the Power Broker, and betrayed him somehow. Also, Power Broker gave John Walker (new Cap) his powers in the comics.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
They mentioned Power Broker in the episode. Seems likely to me that the super soldiers were made by the Power Broker, and betrayed him somehow. Also, Power Broker gave John Walker (new Cap) his powers in the comics.
Do we know if Walker is enhanced or not?

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
My read on the episode is that no, he isn't. I think he goes to Power Broker after getting his ass kicked by the Flag Smashers. Maybe after Lamar gets killed.

But these are just guesses.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
I liked episode 2 a lot more than the first. The interactions between Falcon and Bucky are hitting the best beats of the avengers movies. I also liked the characterization of the new cap. He's not just a ****, but wants to do right by everyone. The conflict been the new guys and the old guys is feeling very organic.

Only downside is the budget kind of showed in the car chase. Not quite the cgi we're used to from marvel movies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron