• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Adam Warlock is likely to appear in GotG 3, in fact Kevin Feige seems to confirm he will be in Vol 3, but will not be appearing in Infinity War:

Gunn doesn’t explicitly mention the third Guardians film to /Film, but given that he himself is developing Warlock’s cinematic debut and announced earlier this week he would return to write and direct Guardians 3, the logical conclusion is that Adam is being saved for Guardians 3. This was indeed confirmed by Kevin Feige, speaking to our very own Germain Lussier at the same junket today:

[Adam Warlock’s arrival] will not be until Guardians 3. Adam is not a part of Infinity War, which of course he is in the comics, but James [Gunn] did always really like Adam Warlock, and our version of Infinity War is the culmination of all the stories we told up to this point.

James has had ideas to introduce Adam—certainly there were ideas in Vol. 2, maybe even in part one, but part two for sure—which were great, but the way the story was coming together, there just wasn’t time for that.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvels-cosmic-hero-adam-warlock-will-appear-in-guardia-1794510792

Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Review embargo has been lifted for Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2. The movie is currently sitting at 92% on Rotten Tomatoes as of this morning. I've skimmed a few reviews so far and it sounds like the only real issue going against it is pacing at times from trying to give each character their own personal story/screentime. I think that should just be considered a given for the MCU movies anyways: there were pacing problems in the Avenger's films trying to balance such a large cast of celebrities/characters and no doubt there will be similar criticism in Infinity War and Avenger's 4.

Here's the link to read more reviews:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/guardians_of_the_galaxy_vol_2

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Review embargo has been lifted for Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2. The movie is currently sitting at 92% on Rotten Tomatoes as of this morning. I've skimmed a few reviews so far and it sounds like the only real issue going against it is pacing at times from trying to give each character their own personal story/screentime. I think that should just be considered a given for the MCU movies anyways: there were pacing problems in the Avenger's films trying to balance such a large cast of celebrities/characters and no doubt there will be similar criticism in Infinity War and Avenger's 4.

Here's the link to read more reviews:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/guardians_of_the_galaxy_vol_2

This is one of the few movies I will gladly pay to go to the theater to watch.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Looks like Guardians 2 has now fallen to a 90% fresh rate on Rotten Tomoatoes, but still super solid. However, even though there is only 39 reviews in so far when it will likely end up with near 300 of them when all is said and done, what I like to look at more is Rotten Tomatoes' average rating score much more than the overall Tomatometer score. For that score, Guardians 2 has scored a 7.4 rating so far, which is good, but not great, especially when its predecessor scored a 7.8. All the Tomotometer tells you essentially is whether people thought of the movie more as overall favorable than unfavorable, whereas, the overall score rather tells you how much people like the movie or not, which to me is much more valuable in comparing movies to one another. With that said, a 7.4 average score is good, but probably more in line with an upper mid-tier MCU movie than a top-tier MCU movie. This shouldn't be too surprising either after I read quite a few of the reviews where I got the sense that most everyone liked the movie, but not as much as the first one. Still, it hardly sounds like a flop. Personally, after being a little underwhelmed by Doctor Strange (thought it was a bit overrated), I'm just hoping it comes in better than that. Now, we'll just have to see things for ourselves and also see how the Rotten Tomotoes numbers end up shaking out. In general, its scores tend to only go down some as time goes on.

Reactions: 3GenClone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Miscellaneous Marvel news:

Rosario Dawson will not make an appearance as Claire Temple in The Punisher series. She will be in The Defenders

http://io9.gizmodo.com/there-will-be-at-least-one-netflix-marvel-show-without-1794590286

The reason Avenger's 4 doesn't have a title is because it is a spoiler for events to come in the MCU. Most likely has to do with events that occur in Infinity War.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/165...snt-have-a-title-yet-according-to-kevin-feige

Then who is going to walk around taking up screen time with parenting and patching up heroes? What will they do with those minutes per episode?

Reactions: Triggermv

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Wow, lots of DC movie pessimism out there. Don't get me wrong, I get it, and I recognize I'm more of an eternal optimist than not, so I tend to give everything the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, it is just sad to see how little hype there is out there for the fricking JUSTICE LEAGUE. I've waited years and years to finally see a live action version of this, so I guess I'm going to choose to be excited until the very end.

They would have done better to go retro, and call it "Superfriends." I would shell out some money for a campy live-action version (think Flash Gordon) of the old cartoon. And the first time the narrator says "Meanwhile.... At the Hall of Justice....." I would be dying.

Setup Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill and it could be great. Maybe use Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as the Legion of Doom. Could be amazing!

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
They would have done better to go retro, and call it "Superfriends." I would shell out some money for a campy live-action version (think Flash Gordon) of the old cartoon. And the first time the narrator says "Meanwhile.... At the Hall of Justice....." I would be dying.

Setup Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill and it could be great. Maybe use Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly as the Legion of Doom. Could be amazing!

Haha, I'm going to go with a big "hard pass" on that idea

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
This doesn't have to do with the MCU, but I thought this was worth sharing:

io9 can exclusively reveal that, starting today, a selection of Marvel comics— ranging from practically brand-new series like the recent Iron Fist, America, and Elektra books, to familiar favorites like Amazing Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel, and even titles from its Star Wars line—will be available as part of Comixology Unlimited’s $5.99-a-month subscription. Although Marvel already has its own digital subscription service (also called Unlimited, confusingly enough), the offerings on Comixology will also be bundled along with free-to-read issues from publishers like IDW, Image, Boom Studios, Kodansha, and many more already available as part of Comixology Unlimited. Select Marvel collections will also be available through Kindle Unlimited and Amazon’s Prime Reading services as part of the deal, all designed as ideal entry points for readers who want to learn more about some of Marvel’s mightiest heroes.

Here’s a selection of what will be available for Unlimited subscribers starting today, with more titles on the way.

• All-New Wolverine (2015-) #1-#10
  • Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1.1: Learning To Crawl
  • Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3: Spider-Verse
  • America (2017-) #1
  • Black Panther: Who Is The Black Panther?
  • Black Widow (2014-2015) #1-#12
  • Cable & Deadpool Vol. 1: If Looks Could Kill
  • Civil War
  • Elektra (2017-) #1
  • Fantastic Four Special 2005 #1
  • Gamora (2016-) #1-#3
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1: Cosmic Avengers
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: New Guard Vol. 1: Emperor Quill
  • Invincible Iron Man (2008-2012) #1-#12
  • Iron Fist (2017-) #1
  • Ms. Marvel Vol. 1: No Normal
  • Rocket Raccoon (2016-) #1-#2
  • Runaways Vol. 1: Pride and Joy
  • She-Hulk Vol. 3: Time Trials
  • Spider-Gwen Vol. 1: Greater Power
  • Star Wars Vol. 1: Skywalker Strikes
  • Star Wars: Darth Maul (2017-) #1
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader Vol. 1: Vader
  • X-23 (2010-2012) #1-#16
  • X-Men Prime (2017) #1
And here’s what’s coming to Kindle Unlimited’s $10-a-month subscription starting today, with 20 more titles yet to be revealed:

• Astonishing X-Men Vol. 1: Gifted
  • Spider-Man Vol. 1: Brand New Day
  • New Avengers Vol. 1: Breakout
  • Deadpool Vol. 1: Secret Invasion
  • Star Wars Vol. 1: Skywalker Strikes
  • Thor by J. Michael Straczynski Vol. 1
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier Vol. 1
  • Hawkeye Vol. 1: My Life As A Weapon
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! Vol. 1: Hooked On A Feline
  • Ms. Marvel Vol. 1: No Normal
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1: Cosmic Avengers
  • Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1: The Parker Luck
  • Immortal Iron Fist Vol. 1: The Last Iron Fist Story
  • Jessica Jones: Alias Vol. 1
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader Vol. 1: Vader
  • Black Panther: Who Is The Black Panther?
  • Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol. 1
  • Captain Marvel Vol. 1: Higher, Further, Faster, More
  • Legendary Star-Lord Vol. 1: Face It, I Rule
  • The Punisher Vol. 1: Black and White

http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-joins-comixologys-all-you-can-read-subscription-1794831452

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
New listing rating MCU movies in USA Today, Trigger pleased.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...inematic-universe-superhero-movies/101201016/

And here is the list:

15. Iron Man 2
14. The Incredible Hulk
13. Iron Man 3
12. Thor: The Dark World
11. Thor
10. Avengers: Age of Ultron
9. Doctor Strange
8. Ant-Man
7. Iron Man
6. Captain America: The First Avenger
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
4. The Avengers
3. Captain America: Civil War
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Immediate takeaways:

The next two Avenger's films should be in good hands with the Russo Brothers, as their MCU films rank 1 and 3. Same with Guardians of the Galaxy 3 with James Gunn who ranks 2 and 5 on the list.

Tony Stark may be the most likable character in the MCU, but his stand-alone films pale in comparison to his counter-parts - most notably Captain America. If Ragnarok is even decent, then Thor could jump over Iron Man in the character rankings.

Spider-Man may have a lot more riding on it than I initially thought. That is the most well-known character in the MCU. What would the repercussions be if Homecoming isn't well received or doesn't rank in the upper-tier of Marvel Fan or Film Critic Rankings? Can the next phase of MCU movies exist if their new heroes (Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange) rank in the middle-to-lower tiers in the MCU hierarchy?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
ycknv6mhonquak5jwrpl.png

Inhumans cast photo:

From left to right (because I don't know who these characters are)

Gorgon
Karnak
Black Bolt
Medusa
Crystal
Maximus

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-royal-family-unites-in-the-first-look-at-marvels-in-1794915701

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...inematic-universe-superhero-movies/101201016/

And here is the list:

15. Iron Man 2
14. The Incredible Hulk
13. Iron Man 3
12. Thor: The Dark World
11. Thor
10. Avengers: Age of Ultron
9. Doctor Strange
8. Ant-Man
7. Iron Man
6. Captain America: The First Avenger
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2