• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Actor Tyrese Gibson was asked if his movie Morbius that he is in is in the MCU and he said yes, and then asked if it is part of the world of The Avengers, he also said yes. I guess take that for what it is worth. It is actually someone from those movies saying it is part of the MCU, which we haven't really gotten yet. HOWEVER, if there was an idiotometer in the acting world, Tyrese would probably be an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. So yeah, maybe that means to take it with a grain of salt.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO

Actor Tyrese Gibson was asked if his movie Morbius that he is in is in the MCU and he said yes, and then asked if it is part of the world of The Avengers, he also said yes. I guess take that for what it is worth. It is actually someone from those movies saying it is part of the MCU, which we haven't really gotten yet. HOWEVER, if there was an idiotometer in the acting world, Tyrese would probably be an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. So yeah, maybe that means to take it with a grain of salt.
I tend to agree with your “HOWEVER”. Dude is an asshat and I doubt he has much insight into the Fast franchise let alone anything MCU related.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Reactions: dawgpound

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

In response to Tyrese's comments, Sony has responded that Morbius isn't part of the MCU, but rather the SPUMC, which essentially clears up nothing at this point. We honestly just need to see these movies for it all to eventually make any sense as to how they all tie together or not. Regardless, it is just one more instance of Tyrese talking stupidly out of turn. I'm honestly surprised at this point in time that ANY studio really wants to work with this guy. He has a long history of saying stupid stupid stuff in interviews, and I'd hardly say the dude is really even that good of an actor. I was kind of shocked he was even cast in Morbius after all the stupid things he was saying and getting into with the Fast and the Furious franchise at the time. There are so many other good actors out there, why waste your time on a marginal guy who is a loose canon??? He is lucky it was Sony doing the hiring and not Feige.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

In response to Tyrese's comments, Sony has responded that Morbius isn't part of the MCU, but rather the SPUMC, which essentially clears up nothing at this point. We honestly just need to see these movies for it all to eventually make any sense as to how they all tie together or not. Regardless, it is just one more instance of Tyrese talking stupidly out of turn. I'm honestly surprised at this point in time that ANY studio really wants to work with this guy. He has a long history of saying stupid stupid stuff in interviews, and I'd hardly say the dude is really even that good of an actor. I was kind of shocked he was even cast in Morbius after all the stupid things he was saying and getting into with the Fast and the Furious franchise at the time. There are so many other good actors out there, why waste your time on a marginal guy who is a loose canon??? He is lucky it was Sony doing the hiring and not Feige.

He has a "look" and a way of speaking that appeals to the studio people, the other stuff matters very little.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Well, apparently Loki dropping episodes on Wednesdays instead of Fridays is not just a one-off thing. Disney+ is apparently starting in July going to shift all their original series releases to Wednesdays while leaving their movie release dates on Fridays. Sounds like this decision is two-fold. Now their series don't have to compete with their movie releases for their own viewership numbers, especially as their volume of original content dropping continues to rise. Secondly, Netflix releases their content on Fridays, so they no longer have to compete against them either. Ultimately, I'd say it does make sense. What are you guys thoughts? Personally, I'm mixed. On the one hand, I do think Friday releases have kind of a fun, kicking off the weekend feel to them that I had grown to love. However, there were multiple Friday's where there was 2 or more things dropping all at once that I wanted to watch where it would have been nice to have them spaced out on different days. Sometimes that was a series and a movie both on Disney+ which were competing with one another for my attention.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Well, apparently Loki dropping episodes on Wednesdays instead of Fridays is not just a one-off thing. Disney+ is apparently starting in July going to shift all their original series releases to Wednesdays while leaving their movie release dates on Fridays. Sounds like this decision is two-fold. Now their series don't have to compete with their movie releases for their own viewership numbers, especially as their volume of original content dropping continues to rise. Secondly, Netflix releases their content on Fridays, so they no longer have to compete against them either. Ultimately, I'd say it does make sense. What are you guys thoughts? Personally, I'm mixed. On the one hand, I do think Friday releases have kind of a fun, kicking off the weekend feel to them that I had grown to love. However, there were multiple Friday's where there was 2 or more things dropping all at once that I wanted to watch where it would have been nice to have them spaced out on different days. Sometimes that was a series and a movie both on Disney+ which were competing with one another for my attention.

Sounds fine to me.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I really wish there was analysis of these shows out there that doesn’t subtly sneak in spoilers. I had Episode 2’s twist at the end spoiled, but I suppose if you pay attention to casting announcements then you can piece things together pretty easily.

That said:
Holy shenanigans what just happened! Variant Loki must have known they’d eventually find her in 2050, or maybe she had been dropping clues like that bubblegum to lure other Loki’s in? She must have done that intentionally… if not, maybe all the time reset capsules acted as sort of a kill switch just in case she was found… because now the sacred timeline is in disarray.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Social media reactions for Black Widow are finally out and they are pretty outstanding. Some of the biggest takeaways:

-Bond meets Mission Impossible meets The Americans
-Florence Pew is THE show stealer and amazing in the film
-Action is really intense and reminiscent of the Winter Soldier
-Movie is darker than some people anticipated
-There is a really good post-credit scene at the end

Count me as stoked for this movie. I get it why a lot of people haven't been anticipating this movie much, whether that is because it is too little too late for a Black Widow film or if it is because you don't have interest in Black Widow as a solo flick. I see where you are coming from, but I'm just not with you. I've always wanted to see this movie all along and the previews so far have shown me it is pretty much exactly what I've always wanted. Can't wait!!!!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Social media reactions for Black Widow are finally out and they are pretty outstanding. Some of the biggest takeaways:

Count me as stoked for this movie. I get it why a lot of people haven't been anticipating this movie much, whether that is because it is too little too late for a Black Widow film or if it is because you don't have interest in Black Widow as a solo flick. I see where you are coming from, but I'm just not with you. I've always wanted to see this movie all along and the previews so far have shown me it is pretty much exactly what I've always wanted. Can't wait!!!!

I haven't been to a theater since pre-Covid. Unless something gets me there beforehand, Black Widow will be the one to roll out the welcome mat.

I'm ready.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and Rural

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Episode 2 of Loki has tentatively placed the series as my number 1 MCU movie/show. The writing and dialogue are so tight and witty I'm rewatching episodes three times too pick up all the subtle things Loki is saying and how the variants and timelines interact. Without spoiling anything from episode 2, I'm currently interested in what Loki says his motivation for ruling. He says he is a "liberator", unburdening people from the the wrong path, but we have Time-Keepers and TVA doing just that on a whole multiversal scale. He also says the things he does are "illusions", cruel tricks designed to inspire fear. I'm wondering how that may come back and inform us about the TVA and other Loki variants.

This will probably be fleshed out in the next Dr Strange, but I am confused about the relationship between timelines and multiverses. If simply being late to work can cause a nexus event, are the TVA pruning every choice that comes up "Tails" to limit the number of multiverses? On the other hand we have the conversation between The Ancient One and Hulk which suggests time-travel is necessary to create new universes and fits more with "our" Loki's circumstances. All this to say, I'm not sure how we see the wide variation of variants in episodes 1 and 2. If it was just time travel and choices I'd expect all variants to be like "our" Loki.

What is Mobius's favorite Loki power? I almost think it might be something "our" Loki isn't capable of.
Can "our" Loki enchant too? He seemed to know how it worked, but it just isn't fun?

What is amazing me about the show is the possible interplays between what we learn from Loki's exposition and the variants. I pointed out quotes I'm tracking at above as it will be very interesting how they apply to Lady Loki. Everything seems to be two or three layers deep and we can never trust any Loki at face value. For instance, the long exposition at the ren-fair. Was Loki just stalling, or did we learn something important too? Loki says it (the helmet) was left as a trap, makes me think that the candy bar was also left as a trap, but to what end? Lady Loki seemed to have all the time in the world to enact her plan so why wait? Does she need "our" Loki for something? Lastly, what are "our" Loki's goals? He's said its to prevent being disintegrated, meet the Time-Keepers, and overthrow the Time-Keepers to different people, but I think it maybe to prevent Ragnark and the destruction of Asguard.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Episode 2 of Loki has tentatively placed the series as my number 1 MCU movie/show. The writing and dialogue are so tight and witty I'm rewatching episodes three times too pick up all the subtle things Loki is saying and how the variants and timelines interact. Without spoiling anything from episode 2, I'm currently interested in what Loki says his motivation for ruling. He says he is a "liberator", unburdening people from the the wrong path, but we have Time-Keepers and TVA doing just that on a whole multiversal scale. He also says the things he does are "illusions", cruel tricks designed to inspire fear. I'm wondering how that may come back and inform us about the TVA and other Loki variants.

This will probably be fleshed out in the next Dr Strange, but I am confused about the relationship between timelines and multiverses. If simply being late to work can cause a nexus event, are the TVA pruning every choice that comes up "Tails" to limit the number of multiverses? On the other hand we have the conversation between The Ancient One and Hulk which suggests time-travel is necessary to create new universes and fits more with "our" Loki's circumstances. All this to say, I'm not sure how we see the wide variation of variants in episodes 1 and 2. If it was just time travel and choices I'd expect all variants to be like "our" Loki.

What is Mobius's favorite Loki power? I almost think it might be something "our" Loki isn't capable of.
Can "our" Loki enchant too? He seemed to know how it worked, but it just isn't fun?

What is amazing me about the show is the possible interplays between what we learn from Loki's exposition and the variants. I pointed out quotes I'm tracking at above as it will be very interesting how they apply to Lady Loki. Everything seems to be two or three layers deep and we can never trust any Loki at face value. For instance, the long exposition at the ren-fair. Was Loki just stalling, or did we learn something important too? Loki says it (the helmet) was left as a trap, makes me think that the candy bar was also left as a trap, but to what end? Lady Loki seemed to have all the time in the world to enact her plan so why wait? Does she need "our" Loki for something? Lastly, what are "our" Loki's goals? He's said its to prevent being disintegrated, meet the Time-Keepers, and overthrow the Time-Keepers to different people, but I think it maybe to prevent Ragnark and the destruction of Asguard.

Reaction to your Spoiler

I agree. Lady Loki left the portal open for a reason so Loki would follow. Seems like she's got some kind of plan that involves him.

• Agree
Reactions: Pitt_Clone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

As to answer your time travel questions, I think those are the questions we all have and I don't believe we have full answers yet to any of them. I'm assuming as the series progresses, more of those answers will eventually start to work themselves out, although I somewhat fear they won't all. Again, it's these types of things that make me wary of time travel/multi-verse stories in general, as most of them are just chalk full of holes galore. It doesn't help either when the Loki series is trying to build on Endgame established time travel rules which were EXTREMELY shaky and inconsistent at best, and one of my biggest qualms with that movie (I still was able to ignore them enough to really like the movie still). Shoot, even the Endgame writers and directors couldn't agree on what their own time travel rules were, and they are even quoted as admitting yeah, there clearly is some big logic holes they never worked out. Presently, now we've got Loki, which is both responsible for sorting out that mess, which it may or may not, all while also doubling down on everything time travel. I guess we'll see how they do. I'm hoping they pull it off, but am definitely still quite skeptical.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Pugh, and a star is born.

Reviews are off the charts.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Pugh, and a star is born.

Reviews are off the charts.

I'm not the biggest fan in general of the passing the torch legacy characters. I prefer to create new characters instead. However, the nature of Black Widow is such that I'm totally on board with the mantle moving on in some way, shape, or form.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Has anyone else been underwhelmed by Loki so far? I feel like it’s running off of the charm of Hiddleston and Wilson and nothing else. I found episode 2 to be flat out boring and the reveal of Lady Loki wasn’t all that inspired. I’ll give it a couple more episodes to turn it around but this is feeling like the first MCU Disney plus dud.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Zyklon and alarson

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Has anyone else been underwhelmed by Loki so far? I feel like it’s running off of the charm of Hiddleston and Wilson and nothing else. I found episode 2 to be flat out boring and the reveal of Lady Loki wasn’t all that inspired. I’ll give it a couple more episodes to turn it around but this is feeling like the first MCU Disney plus dud.

I'm trying to be patient, but I'm somewhat there with you

Jeff_92

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 15, 2021
I'm trying to be patient, but I'm somewhat there with you

Interesting. Most people I've talked to are the opposite. As soon as the last episode was over, my son and I were both wishing we could watch the next one (and we watched it separately). I've really enjoyed it so far.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I still have to finish Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2 episodes left) before I watch Loki. I’m sure watching one before the other doesn’t matter, but now that I’ve seen everything before FATWS, I’d like to watch things in order of release. I will throw all that out the window though if I haven’t gotten through FATWS and Loki before Black Widow hits the theater. I haven’t been to a movie in the theater in a long time (actually can’t remember what movie it was), but BW will be seen on the big screen for me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron