• Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Disney news, which could impact MCU:

Disney has announced that Mulan will release September 4 on Disney+ as a downloadable rental in the US and countries where Disney+ is available. There will be a limited theatrical release in countries where Disney+ is not available. The rental price is $29.99 and is in addition to the monthly Disney+ subscription.

https://www.ign.com/articles/mulan-will-be-released-in-theaters-and-on-disney-plus-in-september

That’s a pretty steep price for a rental. I think I’m more concerned that Disney+ is already looking at adding paywall options to their service. Hopefully that paywall is blocked by default so my kids can’t buy movies/shows like they did Trolls World Tour.

Awesome. I’d much rather watch at home.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Nia DaCosta is reportedly directing the Captain Marvel sequel. She directed the Candyman reboot film, which was set to come out in October, but has been delayed.

i hope there is more to that resume than that. CM was meh, but I’d be up for another film if it’s a step up.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
i hope there is more to that resume than that. CM was meh, but I’d be up for another film if it’s a step up.
The remake is being produced by Jordan Peele (wrote and directed Get Out and also rebooted the Twilight Zone for CBS All Access). Peele apparently picked DaCosta for Candyman. The new trailer looka actually pretty good:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The remake is being produced by Jordan Peele (wrote and directed Get Out and also rebooted the Twilight Zone for CBS All Access). Peele apparently picked DaCosta for Candyman. The new trailer looka actually pretty good:
Yeah I had seen the trailer, it does look good. But we haven’t seen the movie yet. I’m just cautious about a CM sequel is all.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I hope Larson actually has her feet under her at that point. I feel like everything was rushed for Captain Marvel. The fact she filmed her Endgame scenes before filming her movie, which came out before Endgame, I think just made everything really blocky.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I hope Larson actually has her feet under her at that point. I feel like everything was rushed for Captain Marvel. The fact she filmed her Endgame scenes before filming her movie, which came out before Endgame, I think just made everything really blocky.

Yeah, I too am hoping Captain Marvel 2 is a major step-up from the original. While the first one was serviceable, it was lower-tier MCU for me, not only due to marginal story and directing, but also a stiff meh performance from Bri Larson. The original was the pinnacle of a movie that spends the entire moving telling you what is happening and how you should feel, when it should be showing you. I actually thought Bri was better in Endgame than her own movie. I still hold that Bri was miscast in the role, but I'm hoping she proves me wrong with the sequel.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

I'm curious when the sequel will take place. I'm guessing it will be another pre-Infinity War film, like Black Widow, but taking place on the other-side of the galaxy. I think we need to see more character development with what Captain Marvel was doing before Nick Fury
(or was it Talos?)
paged her at the end of Infinity War. Perhaps we could get some cameos or a team-up with the original Guardians of the Galaxy team that was teased in Vol 2.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Has anyone here been watching the final season of Agents of Shield? If so, what are your thoughts so far? I'm curious.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Yeah, I too am hoping Captain Marvel 2 is a major step-up from the original. While the first one was serviceable, it was lower-tier MCU for me, not only due to marginal story...

The story. Because she was saving that alien race, it made me feel like I was watching an old StarTrek episode. How many times have we seen this story play out?

CM2 had better have something big in store, something smarter than the first film or the CM trilogy will go the way of the Dodo, Titanic and Hawkeye job applications.

Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The story. Because she was saving that alien race, it made me feel like I was watching an old StarTrek episode. How many times have we seen this story play out?

CM2 had better have something big in store, something smarter than the first film or the CM trilogy will go the way of the Dodo, Titanic and Hawkeye job applications.
I don't know if Captain Marvel 3 is really going to happen, or at least not as a solo Captain Marvel film. There's a large initiative to get the Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan series on Disney+ which would eventually lead to the character joining the big screen. You can see that Kamala Khan is really being pushed by Marvel/Disney, as she is one of the main playable characters in the new Avengers video game coming out later this year (Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, and Black Widow are the others. Spider-Man is a Playstation exclusive and Hawkeye was just teased as a playable character yesterday). I could see it being far easier (and cheaper) to get development rolling on a Ms Marvel Disney+ series in the next year or two, and by the time the character is ready for her big screen debut it would be around the time of CM3, so a team-up would make sense.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I think that was a very solid story. Nice twist with the Skrulls. Good layers to setting out Cap's backstory and good action. I'm not sure we watched the same movie.

Reactions: harimad

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Has anyone here been watching the final season of Agents of Shield? If so, what are your thoughts so far? I'm curious.
I like the different decade nods. The plot and villain aren’t as good as previous seasons and the social commentary is heavy handed. Not having something to tie into cinematically is hurting it too. I like the show overall but am ready for its end I think. It’s spent. I would like to see Coulson back in the movies if possible.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Just curious, but who else outside of me enjoys following and posting on these nerd threads (MCU, DCEU, Star Wars, Star Trek... etc.) on here more than the actual sports ones? I'm just curious. Don't be afraid to say no too.
I do generally post more in off topic threads than actual Cyclones related stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I love sports, but over time my attachments here have grown more towards the community itself rather than the topics that brought us together in the first place.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

I watched the series finale earlier today, and I must have had some dust floating around in the room at certain points...

Anyway, I really enjoyed the finale. I thought it hit all the right spots and left everyone in a good place.

I liked the final season; not as much as I've liked other seasons, but I think it was an improvement from last season, which even for a comic book show like AoS was just a little bit too out there for me.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Just curious, but who else outside of me enjoys following and posting on these nerd threads (MCU, DCEU, Star Wars, Star Trek... etc.) on here more than the actual sports ones? I'm just curious. Don't be afraid to say no too.
The nerd threads are typically a lot more enjoyable and manageable than the sports ones. Plus no stupid arguments. So yes haha

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I do generally post more in off topic threads than actual Cyclones related stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I love sports, but over time my attachments here have grown more towards the community itself rather than the topics that brought us together in the first place.

What if the real CycloneFanatic is the friends we made along the way?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

A great majority of sports threads are uninteresting.