• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spid...is-next-appearance-as-j-jonah-jameson-a176223

JK Simmons recently said that he has already filmed another J. Jonah Jameson appearance and already said there is plans for another. What is big about this is that if he has already filmed another one, it most certainly would have to be either for Venom 2 or Morbius, and not the next upcoming Spider-Man MCU movie, beings how that one hasn't started filming yet. Therefore, like Vulture appearing in the Morbius trailers, J. Jonah Jameson will be yet another link tying in the SPUMC (Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters) and the MCU. A lot of people were already speculating J.K. might make an appearance in one of those movies, but now this quote pretty much confirms it, providing his scenes don't get cut.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm extremely intrigued by how tied/not tied Sony's SPUMC and Marvel's MCU will be tied and coordinated. It's clear that the previous Marvel/Sony Spider-Man deal ultimately was the keep them separate for now, but nobody knows what the new deal holds. Maybe it will include intense coordination between Marvel and Sony or maybe it will be more like the Marvel Netflix shows where the referencing was only one-directional. It is also possible they just both do their own thing and don't care about continuity, or maybe just let them both exist in two multi-verse universes. There is lots of ways it could go. It really does get complicated the more you think about it.

Tom Holland is still contractually obligated to appear in a Sony film, separate from the MCU so that will muddy the waters. What would be REALLY cool to see is Sony save that Spider-Man appearance for a few years from now. Venom and Morbius are really different tones than the MCU films and an older Peter Parker would make more sense to appear along those characters (I'm thinking a tone like how Wolverine appeared in Logan compared to the previous Wolverine appearances). Now, end that Spider-Man appearance with the retirement (or perhaps even death) of Peter Parker with a hand-off to the live-action Miles Morales or Gwen Stacy as the new Spider-Man/Spider-Woman for the SPUMC.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Tom Holland is still contractually obligated to appear in a Sony film, separate from the MCU so that will muddy the waters. What would be REALLY cool to see is Sony save that Spider-Man appearance for a few years from now. Venom and Morbius are really different tones than the MCU films and an older Peter Parker would make more sense to appear along those characters (I'm thinking a tone like how Wolverine appeared in Logan compared to the previous Wolverine appearances). Now, end that Spider-Man appearance with the retirement (or perhaps even death) of Peter Parker with a hand-off to the live-action Miles Morales or Gwen Stacy as the new Spider-Man/Spider-Woman for the SPUMC.

Yeah, hard to tell. What you are saying is possible, but there is also nothing to say either that Marvel and Sony don't extend their own deal at some point and then use that one extra Tom Holland appearance for just another joint Spider-Man production. In the end, I really just do not see them killing off or not using the Tom Holland Peter Parker beyond that contract, especially when you consider that Holland has talked about wanting to continue on for a long time with the character. Plus, Tom Holland is so young, it would be too much of a waste to not explore him further. I personally hope they keep going with him too. That isn't to say though that I don't want to see Miles, Spider-Gwen or whoever, but I think there are plenty of ways to introduce those characters either in a joint production with Marvel or not where we don't also need to move away from Peter Parker. I guess we'll see. A lot can change over time too.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I rewatched Infinity War and Endgame this weekend. I think they're very well done and great movies. Still really enjoyed them and that 5.5 hours went by really quick. It will be hard for any company to beat the Infinity stone movie series as a whole, especially with Star Wars taking a break from Saga movies.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I rewatched Infinity War and Endgame this weekend. I think they're very well done and great movies. Still really enjoyed them and that 5.5 hours went by really quick. It will be hard for any company to beat the Infinity stone movie series as a whole, especially with Star Wars taking a break from Saga movies.

While I loved both of them somewhat equally after first viewings, after re-watching both multiple times, I actually find Infinity War to be the much more re-watchable movie, outside of Endgames climatic end-battle.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
While I loved both of them somewhat equally after first viewings, after re-watching both multiple times, I actually find Infinity War to be the much more re-watchable movie, outside of Endgames climatic end-battle.

Agreed. Watching the hero’s lose is just so damn refreshing in super hero movies. Plus Josh Brolin is amazing in Infinity War

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

Agreed, I remember watching Infinity War for the first and being like holy sh*t, the heroes actually lost and the last 10 minutes was very tense and emotional.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Infinity War is a better movie. I actually thought that right away even though I enjoyed Endgame. I think Infinity War is the best Avengers movie bar none, Brolin is great, and I actually like the final battle in Wakanda better than the big team up at the end of Endgame. Both are at on of fun though.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Going in, I had no idea that it was a two-movie deal. When Thanos won at the end of Infinity War, my jaw dropped. I just sat in stunned silence while the credits rolled. So unexpected. 10/10 experience would definitely do again.

Reactions: Triggermv

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Going in, I had no idea that it was a two-movie deal. When Thanos won at the end of Infinity War, my jaw dropped. I just sat in stunned silence while the credits rolled. So unexpected. 10/10 experience would definitely do again.

Same deal. I hadn’t watched the marvel movies since the first Avergers and I was drinking at home alone and wanted some dumb entertainment. Next thing I knew, Thanos won and I had to go back and watch the rest of the movies

Reactions: harimad

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/blac...hero-team-scorpion-chameleon-and-more-a176331

There apparently has been leaked story details on what the previously-developed Silver and Black movie would have looked like, which I found honestly quite interesting considering all the characters it brought in like Chameleon, Tombstone, Norman Osborne, Scorpion, and Tarantula.

I had heard of Black Cat previously, but don't know a lot about Silver Sable or why Sony thinks the character can carry an entire movie. If the Black Widow movie does well (not a given at the moment), then maybe Sony will feel better about introducing Silver Sable in an upcoming Sony-Marvel movie. I get the aversion to a Black Cat solo movie, as the character is pretty much a retread of Catwoman, and that a Black Cat-Silver Sable team-up would have been ideal, but Birds of Prey beat them to the punch and the mediocre reviews and Box Office returns on that film probably brought this project to an end.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I feel like Sony is going straight cash grab at this point.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
IGN has published a breakdown of MCU actors salaries.

https://www.ign.com/articles/from-iron-man-to-endgame-how-the-avengers-salaries-changed

Most notable: Brie Larson making $5 million for her first MCU solo-film appearance. To compare, RDJ made $500K in Iron Man 1, Chris Evans made $1 million in Captain America: The First Avenger, Chris Hemsworth made $150K in Thor, Paul Rudd made $300K for Ant-Man, Tom Holland made $500K for Spider-Man: Homecoming and Chadwick Boseman made $2mil for Black Panther.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

https://www.ign.com/articles/from-iron-man-to-endgame-how-the-avengers-salaries-changed

Most notable: Brie Larson making $5 million for her first MCU solo-film appearance. To compare, RDJ made $500K in Iron Man 1, Chris Evans made $1 million in Captain America: The First Avenger, Chris Hemsworth made $150K in Thor, Paul Rudd made $300K for Ant-Man, Tom Holland made $500K for Spider-Man: Homecoming and Chadwick Boseman made $2mil for Black Panther.
Definitely some inconsistency in pay and popularity.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Definitely some inconsistency in pay and popularity.

Shocking how little some of them got paid at first, but to be fair they really didn't know what they had at the time.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Actually that affected the development of the whole universe.

Reactions: 3GenClone