Louisiana Kick Time?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I asked this question in another thread, and someone responded that they will probably release game times in the 12 day window. So that logic would put it Wednesday. Of course, this is just speculation.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I asked this question in another thread, and someone responded that they will probably release game times in the 12 day window. So that logic would put it Wednesday. Of course, this is just speculation.

Normally it would have been today, since today is 12 days out.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
With the Big10 not playing this fall, I'd assume we'll have more 11:00 games. In past years, they seemed to fill the morning slots with Big10 and ACC games and the Big12 had afternoon and evening. Now they have to fill all those slots with just 3 conferences. It should mean all national games without hunting to find a channel.

On a side note, how are they handling LHN or other Big12 games the Big12 teams previously owned? Will those still be available to the schools or will those be forfeited with only the single noncon game?

I think you’re right that at least for FOX over the air network we’ll see more 11am kicks

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

With SMU/TCU moving to Friday (assuming this tweet is accurate), I wouldn't be surprised if we're 11:00 on FOX.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

With SMU/TCU moving to Friday (assuming this tweet is accurate), I wouldn't be surprised if we're 11:00 on FOX.

I’d be happy with this. 11:00 games are basically wake up get McDonalds breakfast and head to the game. Usually tides me over until after the game. Since there isn’t tailgating I’m fine with the early starts.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
With no tailgating this year I would be perfectly happy with all night games or 2:30p kick offs. At least would get 1/2 my day at home before having to leave for a 2:30 game. I understand why those who have to drive a ways probably don't like a night game because it's a late night getting home but for me only driving about 40 minutes I love the night games because even with a 6 or 7pm kickoff I still can spend some time in the morning with the kids before I take off and get a full afternoon of tailgate in. I guess even 11am won't be horrible because wouldn't be rolling into Ames until around 9 and would still be home before supper. It is going to feel weird making different plans that don't involve factoring in who is arriving when for tailgating this year.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
With kids too young to be involved in sports I love 11:00 a.m. kickoffs. Especially with no tailgating, there's no need to wait to play. We commute into town the night before and stay at an in-laws house, wake up and head to the game while they babysit, head back pick up the kids, and drive back home. 7:00 p.m. games make this really tough because then you have to go to the in-laws house wasted from tailgating all day.

Reactions: Aclone

CycloneJL

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Falls
I HATE 11 AM games when are tailgating. I much prefer later start times. With the ban on tailgating this year, I'll be able to leave my house in Cedar Falls between 7 and 8 AM and then have the rest of the day, possibly including hanging out at my brother's in Urbandale. I will probably prefer the 11 AM games this year.

• Useful
Reactions: CyBobby and Aclone

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

Louisiana is above Tech according to the Massey Composite... Probably going to be a closer game than most Cyclones want. Should make for great TV. The problem is both teams are not national brands or in large TV markets

The other side of that is the northern plains/upper Midwest could be dominated by Iowa State with limited competition from Denver-Chicago and KCMO-Minneapolis for Saturdays

• Informative
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Thought it was interesting that Kansas has a 9pm kickoff. That won’t end until after midnight.

Reactions: CyBobby