Looks like Beilein is maybe going

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Rumor on the street is that he's a genius AND a better person.
It’s not a rumor... it’s true. Last year when they played in dsm for ncaa tourney I got the chance to talk to him and he was the nicest coach I have talked to in a long while. He raved about the “Iowa people” and how he loved the community feel of Iowa

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So your saying he’s a genius?

hqdefault.jpg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Guy's my age. Peeps my age should be retired if they can afford to and he can.

BTW, Johnny was 67 when we forced him out so Floyd could coach that senior laden team.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It’s not a rumor... it’s true. Last year when they played in dsm for ncaa tourney I got the chance to talk to him and he was the nicest coach I have talked to in a long while. He raved about the “Iowa people” and how he loved the community feel of Iowa

He's genuinely one of the best guys in the business, if not the best.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Bring him onto the staff. Defensive coordinator and help with in game management. Let Prohm recruit and run the offense.

(I understand that is basically impossible, but a guy can dream).

If you bring in Beilein to run a defense you're an idiot.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Here’s the thing belien would probably be a great pick. But you all are acting like he’d come here if we had an opening. We have no idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Here’s the thing belien would probably be a great pick. But you all are acting like he’d come here if we had an opening. We have no idea.

Silly Cyclones he's going to Tx after they can Shaka. (at least that's what the consensus is on Surly Horns:rolleyes:o_O). That board is every bit as dysfunctional as this one when it comes to coaches and expectations.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

How in the world did you get unbanned?

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The guy sounds like a real trainwreck of a hire by Cleveland. Not sure why either party thought he'd be a good fit for the NBA. Calling players thugs and getting on players cases for sitting on the 2nd game of a back-to-back...it's the NBA, John! These guys make too much money to be risking their bodies and health playing a physical game night in and night out...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif