Lazard on Packer roster

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Love how that was the first thing he pointed out announcing the TD

I very rarely notice blocks but that was quite obvious. I would have been pissed if they hadn’t commented on it.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Checking the final box score, AL ended up with 5 catches (9 targets) and 45 yards vs. the Vikes. He has 31 receptions, 408 yards and 2 TDs for the year. He had ZERO catches in the Pack's first 5 games so all of that comes in a 10-game span.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Member people saying cousins wasn't dog ****. that was a good time.
Cousins wasn't good. But you'd think schematically the Vikings could've done something in the short passing game to offset the Packers pass rush. Cousins didn't have a lot open underneath and was always waiting for something to develop downfield, which is tough when a) you don't have time and b) you basically only have one guy to throw to (Diggs, let's be honest, Theilen is nowhere close to 100%). Cook not playing too, had a much more negative effect than I expected. Thought we'd struggle a little bit in the run dept, but the Packers paid absolutely no respect to Mike Boon and Ameer Abdullah. The play action game, which is usually bread and butter for the Vikings offense, was non existent without Cook.

As a Vikings fan, you hate to see a season sweep at the hands of the Packers, your rival. But I think they did the right thing in benching Cook, even if in so doing, they sacrificed a division title. Much rather have him for a really important game in January than a semi-important game in December. Maybe they can exact revenge then.