Lawn Mower - Reviews

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I’ve run a toro personal pace for the past 6 years. I use it to mow a neighbor’s yard and my yard. It’s been solid. Change oil every spring, clean air cleaner at least twice a year, sharpen blade twice a year.

When it comes to fall I can power through any amount of leaves with it no problem. E-Go mower my neighbor has that I mow and mulch with has had charging issues since it was new last year. Sometimes it will last 10 minutes sometimes it will only use 3 of the 5 bars. Mulching leaves in the fall uses a lot more power and there have been times that I can’t get his yard done on one charge.

Just my opinion but I love the power and torque of a gas engine over an electric. I’ll get another Toro Personal Pace as I am in the market as the rear tires on mine are smooth I’ve used it so much.

cyputz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2006
Top 5 via Consumer Report, albeit in a Tor Personal Pace Mulcher myself

Attachments

• IMG_8710.jpeg
    IMG_8710.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 38

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Thought Honda stopped selling gas push mowers on North America last year.

They've stopped building them, you can still find them out there for sale as they work through stock. If you're in the market for one now is the time.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’ve run a toro personal pace for the past 6 years. I use it to mow a neighbor’s yard and my yard. It’s been solid. Change oil every spring, clean air cleaner at least twice a year, sharpen blade twice a year.

When it comes to fall I can power through any amount of leaves with it no problem. E-Go mower my neighbor has that I mow and mulch with has had charging issues since it was new last year. Sometimes it will last 10 minutes sometimes it will only use 3 of the 5 bars. Mulching leaves in the fall uses a lot more power and there have been times that I can’t get his yard done on one charge.

Just my opinion but I love the power and torque of a gas engine over an electric. I’ll get another Toro Personal Pace as I am in the market as the rear tires on mine are smooth I’ve used it so much.
Multiple neighbors have E-Go mowers. They have issues I don’t have with a very old gas mower. I don’t think I’ll be making that switch.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I bought a Toro TimeCutter 48 inch Zero Turn that replaced a similar Ahrens. The ergonomics and mechanics on the Toro are fine but I am disappointed in the quality of the cut. My yard is not terribly even and when I mow along slopes or around trees there are always lines. This aspect was much better on my Ahrens.