Lattimer arrested last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
One F-Bomb equals serious assault on an officer. Not too concerned yet.

Trust me, they don't arrest someone for serious assault on an officer and interference with official acts because he/she drops an F-bomb. I am very concerned.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
What is the deal with the (serious)? So Ricky Howard, who will likely contend for the starting TE is also in trouble, did we ever hear about Matt T?

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Dear Steve Dillon
The University of Iowa State football program has recently had a few extra snaps come available.

Seriously, JL is projected to be a fairly key part of the defense this fall. Cant do anything but wait for all the facts to come out. Ugh.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Trust me, they don't arrest someone for serious assault on an officer and interference with official acts because he/she drops an F-bomb. I am very concerned.
Sorry but saying "F U" and then "Leave us the F alone" will get you both charges. So will tripping and touching an officer with the tip of your finger. Hopefully a slight bump. Not too worried, yet.

Last edited:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
What is O/U on number of replies in thread discussing punishment for unknown facts (barring duplicate threads, which of course there will be at least 4 others). I say 175.

Under.

ilovetheclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 17, 2006
Ankeny, Ia
unless he physically struck the officer i see this as a in house punishment and probably cost him his starting chance and playing in the spring game. Howard is probably in the same boat with the DUI.

move along nothing to see

jamestaylor

Dec 13, 2008
the HIll
Sorry but saying "F U" and then "Leave us the F alone" will get you both charges. So will tripping and touching an officer with the tip of your finger. Hopefully a slight bump. Not too worried, yet.

wow.

give us an example where someone was charged with these crimes for merely being verbally aggressive. Thanks in advance.

keep sipping the kool aid.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

I dunno about the first charge but can attest to the second one. If a cop thinks you know something and you don't tell them that can be obstruction or interfering. So you can get charged without actually saying anything, or even knowing anything.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My whole point is that the number of players we've had get into trouble over the years is pretty small in comparison to a lot of schools. There's probably a reason for that. Stiff penalties are a BIG incentive for kids to behave.

Down in IC, the penalties have been almost non-existent over the years. And so it's gotten out of control. They protect their players at all costs. They handle nearly everything "internally". I just don't want to see our program go down that road. Nip it in the bud now.

I don't want to see ISU ranked #2 in the country in criminals on the football team.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
You won't get charged for cussing at a cop, but an inadvertent or light touching would result in an Assault on a Peace Officer charge.

It's possible he attempted/did beat up on a cop, but the odds are that he made minimal physical contact and it's being overcharged.

jamestaylor

Dec 13, 2008
the HIll
My whole point is that the number of players we've had get into trouble over the years is pretty small in comparison to a lot of schools. There's probably a reason for that. Stiff penalties are a BIG incentive for kids to behave.

Down in IC, the penalties have been almost non-existent over the years. And so it's gotten out of control. They protect their players at all costs. They handle nearly everything "internally". I just don't want to see our program go down that road. Nip it in the bud now.

I don't want to see ISU ranked #2 in the country in criminals on the football team.

that didnt take long.

Reactions: AlleyAddict

ameshammer

Dec 31, 2008
Ankeny

What does Lattimer getting popped for hitting a cop have to do with Iowa's football team?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

If we won a BCS game, and the majority of the charges were for boozing/drugs, I wouldn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.