Larry out at CSU - Denver Post

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Older generations have been accusing younger generations of being too soft for years and years and years. The current folks who are so down on millennials, were subject to the same accusations by their forefathers. Thinking that the younger generation is taking the country to hell in a handbasket is just part of getting older. And before anyone says "Yeah, but this generation is different!". That has also been said countless times before.

Blaming our soft society here, is the easy way of looking at things without actually examining the situation.
Also, and not that it really matters, complaining about millennials is inaccurate because millennials are no longer the "problem." Millennials were born in the 1980's through mid-1990's (a few people have put it a little later). The kids entering college now aren't millennials; they're whatever comes after us

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Just look at the game of basketball and how soft it has gotten...

Just look back at those rivalry games like: Knicks vs Bulls, Celtics vs Lakers, Pistons vs Bulls, nothing soft about that.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Older generations have been accusing younger generations of being too soft for years and years and years. The current folks who are so down on millennials, were subject to the same accusations by their forefathers. Thinking that the younger generation is taking the country to hell in a handbasket is just part of getting older. And before anyone says "Yeah, but this generation is different!". That has also been said countless times before.

Blaming our soft society here, is the easy way of looking at things without actually examining the situation.

Excellent post.

Furthermore, I like to spread blame equally among younger generations and those who came prior to my age-demographic. And a slew of those in my generation. ;)

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I feel like these threads degrade into the old childhood saying. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." Perhaps kids don't know that saying anymore.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
FWIW I was born in 88 so I am a millennial although I find it hard to relate with kids born in 98 and think there is quite a difference.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Larry can't coach millennials. I think he's great but that's just a fact. Kids are too soft these days and it all stems from the parents.
Larry can’t consistently control his own behavior. Apparently long term study in the art of being an ******* is not a key to success.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, it was never that successful. Lightning in a bottle, but not a great coaching style or mind.

In one of those 'Where are they now' segments on CF, a former player, I think Nurse was saying how during the Tinsley/Fizer season, they hardly ran much of an offense except for some high/low stuff and just played real hard on defense.

If you watch any of their games, that team just had the advantage of pretty much everybody up top being able to handle really well and score in different ways. May have been the most diverse set of skills ever at ISU, hence also being the best team ever at ISU.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In one of those 'Where are they now' segments on CF, a former player, I think Nurse was saying how during the Tinsley/Fizer season, they hardly ran much of an offense except for some high/low stuff and just played real hard on defense.

If you watch any of their games, that team just had the advantage of pretty much everybody up top being able to handle really well and score in different ways. May have been the most diverse set of skills ever at ISU, hence also being the best team ever at ISU.
This is probably true. All three starting guards could play the point and both off guards were deadly from 3 - which coupled with the ridiculous ability to handle and get into the lane and finish or pass of Tinsley made them practically impossible to stop.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Larry is a hard ass, but winning 3 conference games is going to get you fired in most places. Kind of a get out of jail free card for csu. Maybe he can take over at Iowa after they pay that $10 million to Fran.

Spam

May 21, 2008
His conduct may have often been inappropriate, but he had a good side too. The Emmanuel Omogbo story shows that.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Warned in 2014, reoccurs this season, throw in a bad record and he's gone. Hope he is able to maintain his sobriety thru the upcoming/current stress.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyDude16 and Go2Guy