Larry out at CSU - Denver Post

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Doubt that anyone who has been around ISU athletics for awhile could find this surprising. Larry obviously has demons that are chasing him hard, and the drinking and partying and abusive behavior allow him to release those demons. He's basically Bob Knight II, with even less self-control.

Have to admit that he always got the best from his players, at least when he was here. But I don't think I'd want my kid playing for him, unless he 110% knew what he was in for.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
The 'zero tolerance' policy probably should help the University avoid any severance / law suit payout threats.
Probably one of the mistakes our AD made and unfortunately we had to part with $950K to LE, when there was good reason to fire 'for cause' (and I'm not talking about the Missouri pictures in the DezMez paper).

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Honestly good for CSU. He's been in the news for a lot of wrong reasons lately. In this PC culture we live in it is probably best for them to move on without him.

This has nothing to do with PC culture. PC Culture=That is a buzz word or dog whistle for wingers who believe falsely that the world is somehow against the white man.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
In most cases I think it's probably a little of both.
Older generations have been accusing younger generations of being too soft for years and years and years. The current folks who are so down on millennials, were subject to the same accusations by their forefathers. Thinking that the younger generation is taking the country to hell in a handbasket is just part of getting older. And before anyone says "Yeah, but this generation is different!". That has also been said countless times before.

Blaming our soft society here, is the easy way of looking at things without actually examining the situation.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
"....In that investigation, Eustachy admitted that he “crossed the line” and “went way over the line” when it came to creating a culture of fear and intimidation...."

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Honestly good for CSU. He's been in the news for a lot of wrong reasons lately. In this PC culture we live in it is probably best for them to move on without him.

PC culture or an old fashioned coaching style that has failed to achieve for many,many years?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Doubt that anyone who has been around ISU athletics for awhile could find this surprising. Larry obviously has demons that are chasing him hard, and the drinking and partying and abusive behavior allow him to release those demons. He's basically Bob Knight II, with even less self-control.

Have to admit that he always got the best from his players, at least when he was here. But I don't think I'd want my kid playing for him, unless he 110% knew what he was in for.

I don’t know that he always got the best from his players while here. Two amazing years. 3 fair to bad years.

We want to crucify prohm for 1 bad year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron