LARP

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
My gfs brother is starting isu in the fall and is into the Larp. Role Models style. Does anyone have any contacts in the des moines or ames area I could get in touch with to get him started? Let me know. Thx!

Sterling4Cy

Nov 13, 2006
My gfs brother is starting isu in the fall and is into the Larp. Role Models style. Does anyone have any contacts in the des moines or ames area I could get in touch with to get him started? Let me know. Thx!

I have some 5 year old neighbor kids that play Mike the Knight in the Back yard, if that is what you are talking about....

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I would say starting college is a good time to reinvent himself. Im all about doing what you love, but when what you love is LARP, that theory needs to go out the window. maybe he shouldn't be telling his new/friends/roomates ect that he likes LARP.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
I would say starting college is a good time to reinvent himself. Im all about doing what you love, but when what you love is LARP, that theory needs to go out the window. maybe he shouldn't be telling his new/friends/roomates ect that he likes LARP.

He's already doing fine with friends and ladies.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

There's a LARP club at Iowa State. There is a club for everything at Iowa State.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I remember seeing LARP'like people in central campus when I was in school. I think there were to groups, ones with more realistic weapons, and then the foam fighter people. I'd just tell them to go to groupfest or whatever it's called during the first week of school and he should be able to find them.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I remember seeing LARP'like people in central campus when I was in school. I think there were to groups, ones with more realistic weapons, and then the foam fighter people. I'd just tell them to go to groupfest or whatever it's called during the first week of school and he should be able to find them.
Clubfest :wink:

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I highly recommend "Knights of Badassdom" for anyone that wants to get a good laugh. I watched it with my neighbor as he had been big into LARP in college (He still has a giant spool of wire that he used to use to make his own chainmail). Luckily he grew out of it...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
A buddy of mine had to interview the head guy of the LARP club for the Daily when we were in school.

To this day he calls it one of the strangest experiences of his life.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
tumblr_mh5jv1cNBV1remspco1_250.gif