Kum & Go Tweet

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Too bad the Kirkwood student intern that fired off that tweet is going to lose his job.

Maybe. But as Messi said, the founders love black and gold. I have steadfastly avoided any Kum & Go stores for the years I have known their loyalty. There are plenty of Hok fans to make them richer.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I mean whatever but I’ve known several people that work at their corporate and mentioning “huge hok fan” has never hurt anyone’s chances in landing jobs. Even no Bachelors degree guy jumping over we’ll qualified with a degree guy.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Regardless of how stupid it is to post that as a company, that intern should definitely be fired for not lining up the stairs. Looks horrible. Millennials always screw up the details.
Meh, I thought it was pretty clever (sh*tty stairs not withstanding). I hate Kum & Go as much as the next guy but their new corporate HQ is gonna be dope.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Meh, I thought it was pretty clever (sh*tty stairs not withstanding). I hate Kum & Go as much as the next guy but their new corporate HQ is gonna be dope.
I know many people that work there or do business there. Unless you're very senior and have a nice office, the floating work station idea is horrible. Very cool concept, but for PMs and other staff, just not very practical.

Looks great though.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I don't care that much, but

(a) I generally don't go to Kum & Go anyhow, and
(b) I predict there will either be an apology tweet later or someone will get fired.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I know many people that work there or do business there. Unless you're very senior and have a nice office, the floating work station idea is horrible. Very cool concept, but for PMs and other staff, just not very practical.

Looks great though.
Yeah, I'm not a fan. I currently have over a dozen active projects. Not having a desk I can count on would make that even tougher than it is.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I will not apologize for this:

Kum & Go breakfast pizza is far superior to Casey's
giphy.gif

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It seems like a stupid move. I know I’ll think twice before I stop there again.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Yeah, I'm not a fan. I currently have over a dozen active projects. Not having a desk I can count on would make that even tougher than it is.

Any company this is worth a darn, does this based on job role. Not carte blanche. If your "project work" can't be housed electronically (like so many things can nowdays), you'd be given a permanent desk by most companies that utilize this "neighborhood" approach.

For many companies utilizing this, it isn't all or nothing.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Any company this is worth a darn, does this based on job role. Not carte blanche. If your "project work" can't be housed electronically (like so many things can nowdays), you'd be given a permanent desk by most companies that utilize this "neighborhood" approach.

For many companies utilizing this, it isn't all or nothing.
Yeah, I work with a couple of architectural and engineering firms that remodeled and went down this road. The top of the firms brag about what a great thing it is. When I work with the guys who actually get the work done it is at best "it really isn't that bad" to flat out "it is a terrible environment to get work done."

But this discussion has happened before so I won't derail this thread anymore on the topic.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Looks great though.

Article after article say the open floor plan doesn't make employees happier or more productive

I totally enjoyed getting sensitive calls about employees I manage and then try to disguise the conversation as the employee is looking at me.

Interviews done on speaker phone are cool too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron