SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I will not apologize for this:

Kum & Go breakfast pizza is far superior to Casey's

R8mplVt.gif

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
It is no secret that all of the Krauses are huge supporters of the UofI. They have donated tons of money to the athletic department. I'm pretty sure that the K and G West Des Moines office had a Hawkeye flag flying in front of the building. Bill Krause (deceased) was a team manager on their football team.

I have no problem with them supporting the Hawks. This tweet seems to cross the line, though, and will likely alienate some of their customer base.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It is no secret that all of the Krauses are huge supporters of the UofI. They have donated tons of money to the athletic department. I'm pretty sure that the K and G West Des Moines office had a Hawkeye flag flying in front of the building. Bill Krause (deceased) was a team manager on their football team.

I have no problem with them supporting the Hawks. This tweet seems to cross the line, though, and will likely alienate some of their customer base.

I can honestly see why the donations to Iowa from them. Had a lot of the graduates working there. Place gave them plenty of degrees workers for $8/hour.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

Yeah supporting one school over the other isn’t a big deal and no one should make decisions based on that. The tweet pokes fun at a big segment of their customer base though. Reinforces my view that they don’t really care about their customers.

I won’t change my habits but I already didn’t shop there.

• Agree
Reactions: a29_clone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah supporting one school over the other isn’t a big deal and no one should make decisions based on that. The tweet pokes fun at a big segment of their customer base though. Reinforces my view that they don’t really care about their customers.

I won’t change my habits but I already didn’t shop there.

HyVee would disagree with you. They throw a lot of money around to different schools because it makes them look better, not because they are super generous.

Call me crazy but if I owned a company I wouldn't piss off a large portion of your potential customers because you used to be a team manager...

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Article after article say the open floor plan doesn't make employees happier or more productive

I totally enjoyed getting sensitive calls about employees I manage and then try to disguise the conversation as the employee is looking at me.

Interviews done on speaker phone are cool too.

But you have add another variable when analyzing this.

When employees are working from home 1-3 days a week, what is the cost to holding a dedicated desk for them in the office when they only are there on average 3-4 days a week? How many fewer floors (or buildings) do you need to own or lease if you utilize a neighborhood desk approach vs assigned desks?

Again...this needs to be looked at on a company per company type and job roles, but it isn't as simple as aiming for "happier" or "more productive" employees (and let's be honest, that is probably a bit naive)> .

Just keep morale neutral...or even a small dip.... and many companies are still way ahead when you consider the high fixed costs of office space/equipment, etc. .

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I'm so mad about this that I am going to buy an electric car. That'll show em

To take it a step further I'm going to deflate my tires, use their free air then keep doing it over and over again. Probably leave the lights on and sink running in the bathroom. Revenge is a dish best served with the backdrop of marginally higher utility bills.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
HyVee would disagree with you. They throw a lot of money around to different schools because it makes them look better, not because they are super generous.

Call me crazy but if I owned a company I wouldn't piss off a large portion of your potential customers because you used to be a team manager...
I think you misread what I said. Pissing off half your customers is a bad thing.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
This seems like a poor move. It's mocking Iowa State, not congratulating Iowa for winning as they tried to say in a follow up tweet "we didn't pick the winner" as if had Iowa State won they would have posted the same thing. It doesn't really matter to me, but given the choice all things being equal I'll probably choose another option.

And yes we are getting two new Kwik Stars in Ankeny. One on 36th street and the other on Oralabor.

• Agree
Reactions: a29_clone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To take it a step further I'm going to deflate my tires, use their free air then keep doing it over and over again. Probably leave the lights on and sink running in the bathroom. Revenge is a dish best served with the backdrop of marginally higher utility bills.

Walk around back and turn the water spigot on at night give them a 29k water bill.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I have no problem with the tweet either. A private company can do what they want. Potential customers can also respond accordingly with their spending habits. Not great business sense on their end, but I don't expect anything less from an Iowa grad.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I'll drive 5+ miles to the next nearest to avoid a kum and go. 75% because of the hawkeye adoration, 25% because they suck as a gas station/convenience store.