KU Game Predictions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Score Prediction

• Lose by 15+

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Lose by 8-14

Votes: 32 6.4%
  • Lose by 1-7

Votes: 79 15.9%
  • Win by 1-7

Votes: 120 24.1%
  • Win by 8-14

Votes: 212 42.7%
  • Win by 15+

Votes: 50 10.1%

• Total voters

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I had the same feeling during the Baylor game as I did in the WVU and TTU games last season. I'm getting the sense that the league has gotten our defense figured out. Aranda went for it on 4th down twice because he saw a weakness. They knew exactly how to attack the scheme what our keys were.

Liepold will move the move on us. He'll turn the tables and we'll be the ones who get nervous because we can't keep up and we'll start pressing and make mistakes.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
KU has had an impressive start to the year, but I feel like our D is tougher than what they have faced so far. Give me the Cyclones in a close game.
Our 3-3-5 is very effective vs scrambling type QB's. I'm not buying into the KU hype. I mean seriously, the way some people are talking about them you'd think they're a playoff contender.

Our DB's have been great in run support and coverage so far. So I'm confident we can force their QB into predictable runs and throws and clamp down from there.

Add to that the fact that KU's D sucks, and we should be able to put up a lot of points. I think our rushing attack will shred their D.

Ball control early is important. If we can do that and not have a bunch of careless turnovers I think we'll win by 2+ scores.

I also think our D-line will have a big game as well. They're an athletic bunch and should be able to get consistent pressure and funnel QB runs to areas our back 8 can clean up, and force early, errant throws.

Will McDonald has been a little quiet thus far. I expect a breakout (for this season) type game out of him.

ISU 42, KU 23...

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Listened to the KU coaches showed on 810am in kc in earlier. They seem pretty confident about saturday. I hope we go down there and knock them off their perch..

Reactions: EnkAMania

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
It's October. We win.
Yep.

It'll be interesting to see if we try to do the run game ball control against KU, or do we throw it all over the yard and test their defensive backs?

I kinda lean towards going pass heavy and then open up the run. Somewhat like what we did against Ohio. We cannot go conservative, that I know for sure. The only way we go conservative imo is if we are just getting 5 yards plus every run and they can't stop it. I don't really know what to make of KU's defense so far. They seem to give up a ton of yards.

83cy

May 14, 2006
Our 3-3-5 is very effective vs scrambling type QB's. I'm not buying into the KU hype. I mean seriously, the way some people are talking about them you'd think they're a playoff contender.

Our DB's have been great in run support and coverage so far. So I'm confident we can force their QB into predictable runs and throws and clamp down from there.

Add to that the fact that KU's D sucks, and we should be able to put up a lot of points. I think our rushing attack will shred their D.

Ball control early is important. If we can do that and not have a bunch of careless turnovers I think we'll win by 2+ scores.

I also think our D-line will have a big game as well. They're an athletic bunch and should be able to get consistent pressure and funnel QB runs to areas our back 8 can clean up, and force early, errant throws.

Will McDonald has been a little quiet thus far. I expect a breakout (for this season) type game out of him.

ISU 42, KU 23...
Is this true? Seems like teams send receivers deep down field, QB has a lot of time, middle open, boom he rips a big gain on us. Football experts please chime in.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
  • ISU (3-1)
    • Rush Offense: #93
    • Rush Defense: #7
    • Pass Offense: #51
    • Pass Defense: #32
    • Fewest Penalties: #62
    • Turnovers Lost: #87
      • 2 Fumbles & 5 Interceptions
    • 3rd down Conversion Percentage: #15 @ 51%
  • Kansas (4-0)
    • Rush Offense: #8
    • Rush Defense: #65
    • Pass Offense: #83
    • Pass Defense: #100
    • Fewest Penalties: #26
    • Turnovers Lost: #35
      • 3 Fumbles & 1 Interception
    • 3rd Down Conversion Percentage: #2 @ 67%

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
I've watched a lot of both teams this year. I'm pretty confident ISU will score a bunch against KU.
On the other side, their offense will be the best we've seen so far. I think our D is built to take away some of their big play ability, but their coaching staff seems to be good about making adjustments, so I expect them to figure out quickly where we are vulnerable and exploit it.
That said, if we can keep the pressure on them to score by getting ahead by 7-10 points, I think they tend to wear out and make mistakes a bit in the 4th quarter.

I'll say 38-31 ISU.
I almost agree with everything you said. Except I don't believe Kansas has a better offense than Baylor. Baylor has played much tougher competition and I think people put to much stock into KU's win over Duke and Houston. Houston will be 6-6 in the American and Dukes' best win this year is a 2 win Temple team.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I had the same feeling during the Baylor game as I did in the WVU and TTU games last season. I'm getting the sense that the league has gotten our defense figured out. Aranda went for it on 4th down twice because he saw a weakness. They knew exactly how to attack the scheme what our keys were.

Liepold will move the move on us. He'll turn the tables and we'll be the ones who get nervous because we can't keep up and we'll start pressing and make mistakes.

If you are correct, and with KU's defense not being good all........might be a track meet. And last team with the ball wins.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
ISU needs to send someone after the QB. The 3 man front is just not enough, and with a running QB those guys need to not create a huge hole in the middle to let him escape. The key is to send someone from a different place so that KU has to start guessing where the pressure is coming from. As much as I like the ISU defense, I will say that they are the worst team I have ever seen at disguising who is coming and who is not. Teams seem to pick up ISU blitzes with ease.

• Winner
Reactions: 83cy

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Turnover Margin: tied @ #47. Excluding SEMO & Ohio (both are terrible) Dekkers has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns.
So if we throw out everything but two of the top defensive lines in the country we have more INT than TDs, huh? Well newsflash, pressure on the QB causes mistakes. KU doesn't have a D-line that even remotely resembles the Iowa and Baylor D-lines.