Kobe Bryant is dead

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
CNN seemed to be hinting that some family was on board but seem to be trying to confirm.

Said something along the lines of ... Kobe regularly used his helicopter to get around the LA area so it is likely those on board were very close to him.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Let's not pretend any of us know what Kolbe was like. He was great at basketball, that we know. Made errors in life like all of us, likely worse in Colorado, and did a lot of good outside of basketball. He had a family and many undoubtedly who loved him (not the way fans 'love' him). It is a tragedy he died especially if the reports of his daughters are true, but no more or less than if a dry clean owner and his family died. Nothing but condolences to all involved including the pilot.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wow if that ends up not being true heads need to roll at abc.

Worth noting it wasnt officially reported in ABC's long-form reporting, just one reporter said it was believed they were on board, which comes short of confirming it. A mistake to be sure, in the confusion of initial reporting, but people took that and ran with it as if that'd been confirmed.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It looks like that tweet was deleted. What did it say?

Was a tweet from Naz from inside the lakers facility, how he'd just taken a photo about an hour before of Bryant's 2 numbers retired.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Joe Tessitore can't even get excited for big plays due to the news.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Absolutely insane.

Celebs/famous athletes's deaths are usually not all that surprising but this one's hitting hard.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Wow, this sucks. He was my favorite NBA player growing up. His passion for the game and determination to win was maybe second to none.

• Agree
Reactions: tyler24

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Let's not pretend any of us know what Kolbe was like. He was great at basketball, that we know. Made errors in life like all of us, likely worse in Colorado, and did a lot of good outside of basketball. He had a family and many undoubtedly who loved him (not the way fans 'love' him). It is a tragedy he died especially if the reports of his daughters are true, but no more or less than if a dry clean owner and his family died. Nothing but condolences to all involved including the pilot.
Thanks for being the person who thinks you're the only one with proper perspective and lecturing all of us.
giphy.gif

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I don’t know why, but this has hit me harder than I would’ve guessed. I never really liked the lakers dynasty, but I feel like Kobe was the closest we’ll ever see to Jordan. Not in similarities in their games, but in terms of absolute competitiveness and refusal to be 2nd best.

The news that his daughter was also on board is absolutely heartbreaking.