Kobe Bryant is dead

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I caught the first hour or so. I lost it when Vanessa got up there. I'll have to find MJ and Shaq's speeches online somewhere.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Kobe's wife is suing the owner of the helicopter.
Wonder what kind of waivers are signed by the riders. I hope she gets the other victims families involved, as i am sure they are less able to sustain themselves financially moving forward.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
What money would she ever need? Kobe made a **** ton of money and will continue to do so.

Life insurance probably requires it, the pilot most likely was at fault, won’t know for at least 11 more months. This was always going to happen. She is not being greedy, and even if she is she is well within her rights to do so. This is how our society has chosen hold people responsible for their actions.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
A reminder of how crazy 2020 was. RIP Kobe. It's evident by how much people still talk about him that he really did leave a legacy.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I remember hearing about his death like it was yesterday. My partner and I then went on vacation to the PNW in mid February, and then shortly after the whole world went to ****.

We played basketball every single day growing up in Ames at Beyer and State gyms. Had a pair of the Kobe 1s every shot was most likely a Kobe! type of shot. Man was a legend.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There are still a lot of authorized and unauthorized portraits of Kobe painted on buildings all over LA, sometimes him and Gianna together. This barber shop near me has one. Some of them are actually pretty good. Kind of amazing nobody graffitis over them, I guess even the people who tag buildings have respect for Black Mamba. I mean a LOT of buildings had to be repainted after 2020 unrest.