JTS Improvements - Want More

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
This is going to look so cool when it’s done. If only my family didn’t downsize to 2 tickets this year so I could be there for the majority of the games :(

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Does it seem a bit odd that the current view from the webcam, wherever it is on the press box, is showing us a view of Buchanan Hall and the Campanile?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Thank you!

As an aside…can anyone pick out the webcam on top of the press box? My eyes aren’t up to it.

View attachment 86322

The cam is behind the windows. Go to 11:54:11 today and you'll see it start panning around. At that mark as it moves you'll notice that it's reflecting from the inside of the window.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
The cam is behind the windows. Go to 11:54:11 today and you'll see it start panning around. At that mark as it moves you'll notice that it's reflecting from the inside of the window.

Pretty sure that's just the security globe that protects the camera itself.

Thank you!

As an aside…can anyone pick out the webcam on top of the press box? My eyes aren’t up to it.

My guess it's either on top of the pressbox by where the antenna/flag pole is on the right hand side or it's just to the right of where the railing ties into the concrete structure/parapet wall. Both spots have little white blobs. My guess is it's where the roof rail ties into the parapet. Easy to get to, easy to get power, probably has an ethernet cable dropped down through the door onto the roof.

• Informative

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
They’ve started trucking in more topsoil again. Alas, I have a dentist appointment, and won’t be able to watch to see what happens with that NW hillside concourse.
Someone care to clue me in on what was dumb about this statement, please?

I had a root canal. It lasted about forty minutes. The dentist kept muttering “Why is this tooth a stinker?” Needless to say, it didn’t go well, and I have to go back a third time next week.

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Someone care to clue me in on what was dumb about this statement, please?

I had a root canal. It lasted about forty minutes. The dentist kept muttering “Why is this tooth a stinker?” Needless to say, it didn’t go well, and I have to go back a third time next week.
That sucks. Hope next time goes better.

ajspatio19

Jun 9, 2020
Ankeny
I wish the grounds crew was allowed to play with the FB field the way MLB crews are allowed to, there could be some neat stuff done.
I wonder if we will ever see some paint schemes on the hills. I imagine it is pretty difficult to make it look good on a bowled surface like that, but would be cool to see an I or some trice stripes jumping out off the hills. I'm sure it's been discussed in the past and decided it wasn't worth the effort.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I wonder if we will ever see some paint schemes on the hills. I imagine it is pretty difficult to make it look good on a bowled surface like that, but would be cool to see an I or some trice stripes jumping out off the hills. I'm sure it's been discussed in the past and decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Yeah, people sit on that, so there would be a lot of people with red paint on their asses.