JTS construction webcam?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
The crane will soon be trapped. Better email the AD and see how they plan on removing it :jimlad:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The crane will soon be trapped. Better email the AD and see how they plan on removing it :jimlad:

They'll just build the end zone around it like Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel!

153542.jpg

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They'll just build the end zone around it like Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel!

153542.jpg
They could incorporate it into the game day experience. "Cy's Sky View." Hook a couple of seats to it and lift them out over the field during plays for a real time sky cam experience. They could even swing them between the goal posts when opposing teams are kicking field goals or extra points to try to block it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Official word from the Athletic Department: "The old field pump station will be decommissioned and that area will be covered with seats. The finished views and ticket selection maps are accurate in showing seats in that area."
I guess that works better than my "making it fit" theory.

CYTruck

Jan 3, 2010
I seem to remember a story I read while at Champagne Illinois at a game.....
When they were building that stadium... the rain was so bad.. that a steam shovel became buried in the field... and it supposedly sunk enough that they left it there.... somewhere under that football field is a big steam shovel...

ahhh.. found it.... it was a bulldozer...

Heavy rain during the construction resulted in a bulldozer sinking into the field. It was decided that the expense of removing the bulldozer would have been greater than leaving it buried under the field. It remains there today.[SUP][8][/SUP]

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wednesday....crane will only have left where it is sitting pretty soon:
attachment.php

Interesting how they have built the lower SE corner support to fit around the old pump station.

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
Just saw this event in of those alumni emails from ISU:

• June 11: Bringing You ISU: Jack Trice Stadium Renovations, 5:15 p.m., West Des Moines Hy-Vee
    Join us for this unique new series that brings ISU to YOU in Des Moines. Ben Bruns (A)(’01 construction engr), senior business development director for The Weitz Company, will speak about the Jack Trice Stadium South Endzone expansion. Admission is free.
    Register online.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Just saw this event in of those alumni emails from ISU:

• June 11: Bringing You ISU: Jack Trice Stadium Renovations, 5:15 p.m., West Des Moines Hy-Vee
    Join us for this unique new series that brings ISU to YOU in Des Moines. Ben Bruns (A)(’01 construction engr), senior business development director for The Weitz Company, will speak about the Jack Trice Stadium South Endzone expansion. Admission is free.
    Register online.

yup I received an email about this

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron